Accomplishes organizational, intermediate, and depot level maintenance on aircrew escape system to include handling cartridge activated and propellant activated devices.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Using schematics, blueprints and technical manuals; repairs, modifies and adjusts explosive systems/equipment/devices. Independently plans repair sequence and completes.
2. Inspects explosive systems such as shield mild detonating cord (SMDC), detonating transfer assemblies (DTA), explosive panels, and devices, to ensure safety.
3. Accomplishes the arming and disarming of ejection seats on aircraft and operational tests of the complete system and performs operational checks of Harness and Release systems.
4. Performs Egress System and Ejection Seat Familiarization classes.
5. May be required to perform tasks outside of technical trade. .
Qualifications / Licenses
– Must have graduated high school or equivalent
– Completion of formal technical schools a plus.
– Minimum seven (7) years fighter aircraft aircrew escape system experience.