Arizona, United States
Engine Shop Technician – Scottsdale, AZ
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Job Title: Engine Shop Technician
Employment Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- To provide maintenance services as a member of assigned Scottsdale engine maintenance Team applicable to graded level. (See Notes)
- Technicians are directly responsible for the execution of that work booked into the facility.
- Responsible for monitoring the technical aspects of all work performed ensuring compliance with all relevant Regulations and Company requirements.
- To ensure a commercially focussed approach for company’s maintenance within a performance management culture of responsibility and authority.
- Ensure that all maintenance on aeronautical product is carried out IAW authorised publications and instructions.
- To establish and achieve stretch production targets.
- Identify areas for improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- To ensure that all work is performed in an efficient and effective manner and to a high-quality standard. To provide maintenance services as a member of assigned team.
- Actively participate as a team member to move the team towards the completion of goals.
- To ensure all tasks performed comply with all required work standards, including, but not limited to, quality, durability, reliability, timeliness and financial.
- Ensure accuracy of timesheet and data input into Corridor.
- Actively participate as a team member in Continuous Improvement projects and activities.
- Maintain workshop records and computer-based records using company’s ERP system.
- Maintain good housekeeping and ensure work area is kept clean and tidy.
- Efficient and effective use of own resources and time.
- Actively participate in company’s activities through our ‘What Sets Us Apart’ approach (SPC²) and company’s Behaviours.
- Identify and act on opportunities for improvement in process and efficiency.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Be proactive in taking actions to achieve task outcomes.
- Foster good staff relations and customer service.
- Understand and follow the FAA Repair Station Manuals, Quality Control Manuals, Forms Manuals, and Repair Station Training Manuals.
- Receive, Disassemble, Clean, Assemble, and Final Inspect engines as directed per work scope documentation.
- Provide on-site customer assistance with engine troubleshooting and maintenance as directed.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable business and industry specific legislative/regulatory requirements.
- Perform all assigned maintenance supervisory or inspection duties as specified in the company’s Regulatory Manuals and any customer contracts.
- Ensuring all paperwork is written up as the job progresses and in compliance with worksheet procedural requirements.
- Advise Chief Inspector of any technical airworthiness issues with regards to maintenance activities.
- Attend all mandatory training and ensure re-current inspector training is completed.
- Minimum 3 years overhaul or depot level experience on TPE331 or T76 engines
- Sound mechanical (electro-mechanical) knowledge with hands on experience and understandings of measuring and calibrated tooling use.
- Experience and knowledge in product trouble shooting using mechanical and electrical diagnostics.
- Demonstrative experience working with both manual and automated tools and equipment.
- Understand and apply workings from technical drawings and manuals.
- High level diagnostic skills in fault finding and inspection.
- Proven ability to work to outcomes whilst ensuring highest quality and safety.
- Flexible to learn new skills, with the ability to retain and apply new information.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a flexible environment.
- Commitment to customer service and safety.
- A&P License
- Minimum 3 years qualified trade experience in relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience of airworthiness rules and regulatory requirements.
- General knowledge of and experience in all aviation maintenance practices involved with maintenance, repair and overhaul.
- Demonstrated experience in Information Technology packages such as Microsoft Office suite and ERP systems.
- Level I &/or Level II NDT Training and Qualifications where applicable.
Arizona, United States