The F-18 Egress/ECS Systems Specialist is responsible for servicing the aviation injection and oxygen systems for the Customer.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Install, remove, replace. service, adjust and troubleshoot ejection seat, canopy, explosive devices, airframe/avionics related environment control systems, and functional components including rigging of explosive linkage devices, ejection seat, canopy, canopy drive and locking mechanisms using hand tools, power tools and applicable test equipment.
2. Perform hourly, calendar, phase and conditional inspections as required by maintenance requirement cards.
3. Ability to incorporate minor aircraft modifications to ejection seat, canopy and airframe/avionics environmental control systems.
4. Use color coded charts of aircraft plumbing.
5. Interpret schematic diagrams.
6. Interpret applicable technical data.
7. Use and care of power tools, test equipment and precision measuring devices in the maintenance and repair of aircraft
Required educational/skills background:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Level II – Five years previous experience as an Egress/ECS Systems Specialist.
3. Level III – Six years previous experience as an Egress/ECS Systems Specialist.
4. Capable of operating support equipment.
5. Working knowledge of the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 Series.
6. Knowledge of Naval maintenance publications maintenance requirement cards and the ability to document maintenance utilizing the Naval Aviation Logistics Command Information System (NALCOMIS).
7. Training to include NAMTRGD Navy AME “A” or factory equivalent ejection seat and environmental control system course of instruction.