Ohio, United States
FAR 135/91 Director of Safety and Security – Ohio
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: Director of Safety and Security
Employment Location: North Canton, OH
The Director of Safety and Security provides direct support and technical expertise to all members of Flight Operations. This position oversees and maintains safety and compliance programs and is responsible for ensuring compliance with established standards and governmental agency guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned as required by management):
- Monitor industry safety issues which may impact operations.
- Maintain and ensure compliance within the Safety Management System, which includes documentation, implementation, and oversight.
- Manage the Emergency Response Plan, including conducting annual response training, and Internal Evaluation Plan.
- Train employees on safety-related issues, SMS system and facility safety standards.
- Update and maintain the Flight Operations Safety Manual.
- Oversee and initiate all internal audits, including quarterly aircraft cosmetic and compliance checks, drug program, maintenance documentation, facilities, fueling and servicing, and maintenance training requirements.
- Administer various software platforms, such as Web Manuals and SMS software.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings to discuss safety-related issues, recommend process and policy improvements, and raise safety awareness.
- Monitor adherence to industry standards such as ARG/US, Wyvern.
- Manage document control for all internal forms.
- Ensure the correct documentation is on all aircraft, including insurance, flight logs, and permits.
- Assist in generating Continuous Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) documentation.
- Investigate all operational incidents and accidents and report to the Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Two or more years of experience in aviation safety, including Part 91 and 135.
- Knowledge and understanding of aviation safety programs and standards as well as safe aviation operating practices.
- Able to work effectively as a collaborative teammate in a high stress, fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization using written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated and organized with keen attention-to-detail. A self-starter who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously and completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Strong computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Ability to deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences.
- Possess the ability to read, write, and speak English.
Highly Desirable qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Safety or related field.
- Experience in a supervisory position with a part 135 certificate holder.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Experience and knowledge of ISBAO, Wyvern, and ARGUS standards.
- International operations experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Private pilot license (ATP or Commercial pilot license a plus).
- Professional network and experience on industry safety committees and conferences.
Ohio, United States
Operations / Management