FAR 135/91 Mergers & Acquisitions Executive – Work-from-home opportunity!
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Job position title: FAR 135/91 Merger & Acquisitions Executive
Job employment location: Remote, work-from-home (and travel when needed)
Description & Requirements
Mergers & Acquisitions Executive for a FAR 135/91 that will be responsible for leading corporate development and legal activities for the company, including sourcing and executing third-party investments and structuring agreements with clients and providers. The M&A Executive will have legal experience in the aviation sector – to include experience with tax structuring, financing agreements and corporate law. The M&A Executive will have 5+ years experience in Mergers & Acquisitions along with Aircraft finance experience – representing aviation companies with complex structuring and financing projects.
The M&A Executives responsibilities will include managing various aspects of complex corporate transactions such as mergers- acquisitions- divestitures- joint ventures and equity investments; preparing and/or reviewing preliminary transaction agreements- including confidentiality agreements and investment banker engagement letters- as well as principal transaction documents such as purchase agreements- merger agreements and joint venture agreements in addition to ancillary agreements such as transition services agreements; and advising stakeholders on a variety of M&A-related issues as they arise during the life-cycle of a transaction- including during the integration or separation planning process- as applicable. The position will also involve the development of M&A templates- tools- playbooks and best practices for company’s M&A Strategy. Position will involve exposure to both domestic and global M&A transactions.
Key Components of the Role:
- Drafting and/or reviewing deal documents for all phases of M&A transactions from confidentiality agreements to asset and stock purchase agreements to disclosure schedules and transition services agreements.
- Serving as legal advisor on a variety of M&A matters and helping stakeholders to progress all workstreams including- without limitation- due diligence- structure analysis- regulatory review- and labor & employment.
- Collaborating cross-functionally (Accounting- Tax- Treasury- Risk Management- Supply Chain) and within the Legal Department to achieve desired results on tight timelines and with imperfect information.
- Identifying risks and developing risk mitigation strategies in partnership with the M&A team and other Legal team members.
- Engaging with stakeholders across the globe to drive business-oriented solutions to complex issues arising in context of M&A initiatives.
- Advising on day-to-day commercial contracting issues.
- Coordinating engagement and oversight of outside counsel as necessary.
- Updating current contract templates and developing new templates to improve the efficiency of the M&A process.
- Willingness to support supply chain and other commercial areas on an as-needed basis.
- Experience leading corporate development and legal activities for a company, including sourcing and executing third-party investments, as well as structuring agreements with clients and providers.
- Legal experience in the aviation sector – to include experience with tax structuring, financing agreements and corporate law.
- 5+ years experience in Mergers & Acquisitions along with Aircraft finance experience – representing aviation companies with complex structuring and financing projects.
- JD Degree from an accredited law school and top academic credentials preferred.
- Excellent management skills and business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give advice- which demonstrates an understanding of overall business objectives and the risks/rewards of each situation.
- Strong organizational skills- flexibility- and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proactive personality and commitment to understanding the industry and the company’s business.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a non-legal audience both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally when necessary.
Operations / Management