FAR 135/91 Senior Controller – Work-from-home opportunity!
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: Senior Controller (for FAR 135/91 Charter company)
Employment location: Remote – work-from-home (and travel when needed)
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Senior Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company.
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management.
- Provides financial analysis, with emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Files quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- 3 -5 yrs of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Able to travel as needed.
$75,000 – $125,000 per year
Operations / Management