Florida, United States
FAR 141 Certified Flight Instructors (CFIs) in Florida
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: Certified Flight Instructors (CFIs)
Employment location: Ormond Beach, FL
- Perform flight instructor duties authorized by the Federal Aviation Regulations in accordance with the approved Training Course Outline.
- Ensure all students understand and practice all safety of flight rules, regulations and internal protocols.
- Regularly schedule each assigned student to ensure satisfactory progress through the course and immediately inform supervisor of any delays in training or satisfactory progress.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor, Airplane Single Engine Land, Instrument Airplane.
- Must hold a current FAA Medical Certificate.
- Minimum of 500 hours of dual given.
- MEI a plus but not required.
- Aircraft piloting skills including familiarity with and ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and in flight.
- Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and company’s administrative, and operational procedures and requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and noisy environment while exercising sound judgement at all times.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining all appropriate records to include student training records, student logbooks, and computer records.
- Ensure that course standards, training requirements and objectives are met by all assigned students as stipulated in the applicable Training Course Outline
- Initiate stage check and requests for assigned students.
- Responsible for the timely course completion of all flight students assigned, including completion of required paperwork.
- Monitor the maintenance condition of the training aircraft and inform company’s maintenance personnel of any questionable items.
- Recommend curriculum and coursework improvements when appropriate and develop new curriculum or coursework as assigned.
- Incident reports as necessary to report any observed safety violations or situations that may affect the safety of flight.
- Attend administrative, standardization, in-service training, and instructor development meetings as assigned.
- Perform duties as a stage check instructor when permitted and as required.
- Assist with special projects to include but not limited to: TCO rewrites, changes in company’s operations manual, aircraft standardization manuals and personnel policies.
- Participate in working groups and flight evaluation boards. Other duties as assigned.
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Florida, United States