FAR 145 Director of Maintenance (CONFIDENTIAL search!)
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE
Employment location: CONFIDENTIAL
Reports To: President
Summary of position:
Employer is a well-established FBO and FAR 145 (location confidential) and is looking for a FAR 145 Director of Maintenance to lead the FAR 145 aircraft maintenance facility, aircraft maintenance and avionics teams. Ability to lead, train, and mentor junior-level mechanics is a key part of this role. Candidate must have experience using aircraft maintenance software tools and other IT software/platforms to effectively manage FAR 145 facilities and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the highest standards of performance are maintained in the areas of safety, compliance, costs, and
- Responsible for the overall day to day operation of the Repair Station and along with maintenance manager and Chief Inspector will have the final authority in the releasing to service of airframes, engines, propeller, appliances and the component parts thereof.
- Provide leadership and direction for the maintenance services divisions
- Communication and administration of corporate policies and goals to assigned personnel to ensure a continuing understanding of The Company’s commitment to safety and
- Establish and maintain all contract maintenance in accordance with applicable regulations, company policies and procedures, and industry best practices.
- Ensure all required aircraft maintenance records are maintained in a current status and they meet the requirements of all applicable regulations.
- Primary liaison between the company and FAA Certificate Holding District Responsible for all maintenance related correspondence and matters of concern to the FAA.
- Responsible for directing, planning, and laying out the details of maintenance and inspection standards, methods, and procedures used by the Repair Station in complying with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s specifications and
- Delegate functions to others but retain the responsibility.
- Ensures qualified personnel perform maintenance, alterations, and inspections as outlined in the Repair Station manual.
- Interface on a regular basis with Vice Presidents as required, maintaining collaborative decision making.
- Establish individual and team goals and objectives; develop metrics and scorecards to monitor progress and achievement.
- Is a member of the Safety Review
- Chairs the monthly Maintenance meetings
- Forecast plan and effectively schedule maintenance workload with The Company President
- Responsible for appropriate staffing levels to meet operational needs on daily
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Maintenance or higher authority
- Daily Ops
- Financial Performance
- Direct Oversight GA/Corporate Manager/ Quality Control / Parts / Avionics
- Customer Interactions / POC
- Billing / Invoices / Budget / Spending
- Work Load / Schedule
- Maintenance Rep to the Leadership Team
- A&P license
- Inspection Authorization (IA) certification – or the ability to test and obtain IA quickly
- Candidate must have 145 Repair Station leadership experience including but not limited to managing turbine and piston aircraft maintenance teams and aircraft maintenance teams supporting commercial airline AOG calls.
- Please note that all of our managers are working-managers with shop floor and administrative skills required. Ability to lead, train, and mentor junior-level mechanics is a key part of this role.
- Safety and customer service is the primary responsibility of this position as well.
- Ability and experience using aircraft maintenance software and systems
- Competitive salary ($92K/yr to $125K/yr – dependent upon experience)
- Medical benefits, relocation assistance (if needed), etc.
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management