The Field Support & Integration Engineer, is a key member of the company’s Commercial Airline Support team, which helps deliver and maintain best-in-class “In-Flight Connectivity” services to our Commercial Airline customers. The Field Support & Integration Engineer plays a critical part in the service launch of new customers, supporting system activations and over-the-air system checks for new installations of the onboard In-Flight Connectivity (IFC) solution. The Field Support & Integration Engineer ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with company procedures and airline manuals, following FAA regulations.
Key responsibilities are:
• Assist company’s customers with the planning and execution of maintenance, troubleshooting and repair efforts.
• Ensure complete and accurate documentation and records of all maintenance work performed on customer aircraft.
• Travel to customer maintenance locations on short notice to support troubleshooting and repair operations.
• Provide training to maintenance vendors and airline personnel on installation and maintenance of the company IFC solution.
• Ensure all required and preventative maintenance is performed in accordance with company, airline and EASA regulations.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with OEM’s, airline partners, and third-party maintenance personnel.
• Provide remote assistance to support diagnostic checks on IFC equipment installed on customer aircraft.
• Provide a timely remote response and resolution to any service inquiry related to installation and maintenance.
• Ensure all install aids and equipment required to maintain the IFC service is available and up to date.
• Assist Field Support Manager in the development of improved maintenance and preventative maintenance of the IFC solution.
Additional key responsibilities include:
• Providing training,
• on-site, and remote support to airline maintenance representatives during installation, activation and maintenance of IFC equipment, including software loads and updates.
• work in collaboration with airline partners to support and close the daily maintenance issues.
• Verbal and written interaction with airlines and OEM’s are frequent and must be delivered professionally.
• interface with internal and external stakeholders
• must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including engineering teams, program management, customers, and third party partners & suppliers
• contributing to shared knowledge, documentation, training of peers and other stakeholders
• may require travel to other company offices, customer locations, and airline maintenance locations up to 50%
• background in commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing.
• good judgment, initiative and specialized technical expertise to understand problems and develop recommended solutions
• comfortable working both as part of a global team, and independently as a remote resource.
• Prior experience working in a remote/virtual team is a plus.
• Experience with hardware and software elements involved in IP networking and satellite communications is preferred
• Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX configuration, and ability to capture and interpret network traces is a plus
• A background in Avionics and Aircraft maintenance required
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent in Aircraft Maintenance, Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline preferred
• Ability to interpret technical manuals and schematics including engineering items supporting the installation and repair of the The company IFE system.
• Prior experience in a Technical Support or NOC role preferred
• Prior experience working in a field support capacity
• Experience in IP networking preferred
• Prior experience working with Linux/Unix
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in a 24×7 environment as needed to support round-the-clock operations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex technical material to a variety of audience.
• Ability to travel up to 50%, including internationally.
• FAA certification for aircraft maintenance.
• Prior experience with RF Satellite or Wireless Communication systems
• Experience working as part of a virtual team with remote supervision