Michigan, United States
Flight Operations Scheduling Manager (Grand Rapid, MI)
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title: Flight Operations Scheduling Manager
Employment location: Grand Rapids, MI
- Establishes and oversees the ground training program for all new schedulers in the scheduling of aircraft, pilots, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, catering, customs procedures, over-flight permits, etc.
- Insures that all preferences/ARGUS/Wybern/Global Crew Logistics are up to date and that customer, crew, and company information is maintained in a secure environment.
- Resolve aircraft and crew scheduling conflicts cost effectively while accommodating customer needs/requests.
- Act as a liaison between Senior Management and scheduling department.
- Insures that Schedulers/Flight Followers conform to procedures as outlined in the General Operations Manual through direct supervision.
- Oversight of scheduling of aircraft and crewmembers for all company aircraft movements in compliance with 135 or 91 regulations.
- Ensure that Advance Passenger Information System reports to TSA for all flights are submitted.
- Oversee arrangements for U.S. Customs clearance for all international flights.
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations and the Director of Maintenance, for any emergency notifications that are required.
- Manage and keep track of Fuel, landing fee and other vendor contract negotiations.
- Manage and continuous improvement of scheduling systems.
- Knowledge of all client contracts and available employer products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dispatch certificate is preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in an aviation related field, management, or have received vocational training.
- Must have high knowledge of the General Operations Manual, NTSB Procedures, HMR 175, Air Traffic System, Aircraft performance and limitations, crew duty limitations, Federal Aviation Regulations parts 135 and 91, TSA and customs requirements, and Operations Specifications.
- Contain excellent communication and team building skills, as well as the ability to work well in a high stress position.
- The ability to prioritize to the company’s needs, motivate staff, attentive to detail, leadership skills, effective communication, and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and scheduling software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of flight operations, scheduling techniques, and record keeping requirements.
- Will be subject to an initial drug test and random drug and alcohol testing in order to comply with safety standards.
Michigan, United States
Operations / Management