Lead, direct and coordinate Depot Level scheduled and unscheduled maintenance repairs and modification to aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for management of team, including scheduling work programs; supervising personnel, setting time tables, measuring progress and redirecting efforts as necessary.
2. Ensure quality of all workmanship is compliant with all directives.
3. Perform organizational and intermediate level maintenance on DoD / Government C-12 (Beechcraft 200/300/1900) aircraft.
4. Responsible for coordinating and supervising depot aircraft inductions for heavy maintenance to include major corrosion inspections, wing spar changes and major aircraft modifications.
5. Direct team in the troubleshooting, repairing and modifying aircraft systems to ensure continued airworthiness on avionics & electrical systems, environmental systems, engines, flight controls and airframe components.
6. Perform repairs using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
7. Apply technical and professional expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by Reading and interpret manufacturers’ and airline’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, blueprints and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
8. Perform service, troubleshooting and repairs on aviation ground support equipment.
9. Maintain and repair aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components.
10. Apply technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions.
11. Apply technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
Responsible for management of team including participating in the hiring process, overseeing and managing any applicable training and day to day team deliverables.
Education / Experience Requirements:
• FAA A&P Certification
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 5 years’ experience on King Air / C-12 (Beechcraft 200/300/1900)
• Knowledge of the use of aircraft hand tools, special tools, and test equipment
• Knowledge of aircraft safety requirements.
• Ability to read, interpret, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications
Knowledge & Skills:
• Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of electrical systems.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The candidate must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The noise level is usually moderate, and this position is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions.
• Drug screen
• Background check
• Active SECRET government clearance, or the ability to get a clearance
• Travel on short notice