General Manager – Engine Shop/Repair Station
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
The General Manager is responsible to the president to meet company goals, and for operation and supervision of the repair station including scheduling, training, inspection and production of engines and services.
Oversee the Operations Manager and Chief Inspector to insure that “Critical Tasks” of engine inspection and production are completed.
- Complete and test Two (2) Revenue Engines per month.
- Engine repair includes a minimum of compressor and hot section repair
- Within 180 days oversee the training of two additional mechanics to build engines.
- Within 180 days oversee the training of two additional technicians to independently test engines.
Additional responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Schedule and coordinate the department’s leads to ensure that the shop delivers engines and products on schedule. Track progress on a daily basis.
- Meet with the materials teams on a daily basis to report parts requirements and shortages.
- Support Controller so monthly P&L may be completed on timely basis.
- Provide direction in the inspection and repair of engines and components. Monitor overall performance for production.
- Provide or suggest to the president, adequate equipment, materials, training and qualified personnel relevant to the operation of the repair station to assure compliance with the applicable FAA requirements. Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Ensure that personnel perform quality uniform work and promote culture and safety by setting a positive example.
- Ensure that quality assurance performs all necessary audits to maintain a level of proficiency in accordance with appropriate FAA standards.
- Communicate Immediately with the President on any changes in production, and delivery dates changes
- Other projects as assigned by the Company President
- Trade Secrets – must protect company trade secrets including marketing strategies, software, methods of distribution, pricing, customer names, supplier names, and methods used to build engines.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Excellent Proactive Customer Service Skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Experience managing a team of people
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management