New Jersey, United States
‘General Manager’ – FAR 145 corporate aircraft service center
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
The General Manager will be the main point of contact for the Service Hub. He/she will manage a workforce with processes set in place to achieve the targets stated in all Service Agreements. He/she will effectively manage a team of planners, supervisors, leads, technicians, and logistics personnel. This important position will serve as the primary contact for information and communication between the customer and the company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage all aspects of the Service Hub to maximize the potential of this facility.
- Foster and maintain a professional relationship with the (MAIN CUSTOMER’s) site managers.
- Manage billable and unbillable hours.
- Manage the process for holiday and paid time off.
- Manage the coordination between Line Planning and AOG Maintenance performed at location.
- Manage the review of timecards and expenses for technicians.
- Oversee the management of tooling and consumables.
- Perform annual reviews with input from shift supervisors for all technicians and related personnel.
- Monitor the coordination of manpower between the AOG Controllers and the site Supervisors.
- Review work orders for completion and proper documentation.
Measures of Success:
- The ability to motivate the work force
- Meet the goals required by the (MAIN CUSTOMER’s) Service Letter Agreement (SLA) on all maintenance events to effectively and efficiently return aircraft to service.
- Solve problems with ease.
- Growth and maturation of skills and capabilities for base technicians
- Attention to detail while monitoring company e-mail traffic and technical work progress
- Follow and enforce all company regulations and safety policies
- Display characteristics of professionalism, organization, teamwork, and flexibility
- Development of new processes and techniques to help the facility run more efficiently
Skills and Qualifications:
- Hold a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Open to qualified personnel with the ability to report to MIV daily
- Have at least 5 years of experience working as an A&P mechanic
- Experience with various models of corporate aircraft – Citation experience preferred
- Be available to work extended hours or on your days off if required
- Understand, read, and write English
- Excellent communication skills
- Interdepartmental coordination
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 products preferred
- Ability to be willing to work on elevated platforms (up to 40 feet in the air) using fall protection safety gear
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time while performing repairs
- Ability to lift 70 pounds or more
- Ability to operate basic hand tools and ground equipment
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to learn and use technical manuals
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to solve problems effectively
- Be a problem solver by effectively reading and interpreting maintenance, wiring and illustrated parts manuals
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and understandable manner with co-workers, customers, and Jet East leadership
- Must be able to perform repairs effectively and quickly in short notice, high-pressure situations
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computers
- Experience with Apple and Microsoft products especially Outlook, Word, and Excel spreadsheets
- Able to travel to locations, in all weather conditions, to perform repairs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Lists above includes the main items for this job position to be successful, but not limited to other things that might come about in time. The person applying for this position must understand that the objectives, responsibilities, and requirements could change for better success for the company and the person.
New Jersey, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management