Maryland, United States
General Manager for airport ground services company in Baltimore, MD
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
JOB TITLE: General Manager, Ramp Operations
JOB LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all company and customer safety standards are met while maintaining a safe working environment for all base staff.
- Lead the operations to organize the base in a manner free of hazardous situations.
- Monitor maintenance on all material handling equipment and provide safety training for all base employees. HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR UNSAFE ACTS!
- Recruit, hire, schedule and train all new employees.
- Recommend discipline and promotion of employees to new duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure the base is open for the contracted hours and make certain that the assigned staff reports on time.
- Monitor the physical security and HVAC systems, lights, computers and telephones are operating as intended.
- Log on/off the computers at the start or end of shifts.
- Remain alert that the base is ready for business and review work schedules during assigned shifts to ensure the company’s standards will be met.
- Assist in conducting new employee orientation during the first week of employment, covering all company and airport/base policies, security and protocol.
- Alert customers of new regulations, flight schedules, weight restrictions, and flight delays.
- Inform customers of billing, suggest preferred routings, and assist with loading/unloading mail or cargo.
- Ensure that all flights that company’s loads and/or unloads operate on time, safely and efficiently.
- Participate in meetings with local and regional airline managers, as requested by the Business Area Manager and respond to customer inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Prepare all budgets, create invoicing, and manage payroll; with respective corporate position(s).
- Providing and maintaining outstanding customer service while enforcing safety rules in the workplace and proper equipment use by all levels of employees.
- Assist in hiring, recruiting and retaining employees, scheduling, training and submit payroll on time.
- Administering personnel documents, handling employee issues, and submitting all required documents to the Corporate Office for maintaining the employment files.
- Enforce company, airport authority, airline, and other regulatory offices policies and or procedures.
- Ensuring that the base is operating profitably and meeting the company’s predetermined profit plan for the base.
- Helping to control expenses and monitor the base budget and P&L statements
- Performs other duties assigned by company management.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and permits.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in related field of study required.
- Equivalent combination of education and personal experience considered.
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Successful completion of required background and clearance requirements.
- 3-year U.S. residency required for Postal clearance
- General Manager Experience within Industry with 5 + years of Management Experience in Ramp Operations.
- Must have 5 years General Manager Experience handling large ramp operations and demonstrated ability to manage budgets.
- AOSSP/MSP, FAA/TSA, dangerous goods, Air carrier Hazmat, SIDA, and Equipment Certification.
- A broad range of airline operational experience including but not limited to customer service, operations, maintenance, flight operations, facility requirements, airport management and safety/regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of regulatory and airline policies, warehouse procedures, operating station equipment, and aircraft handling procedures.
- Excellent time management, basic accounting, intermediate level of computer skills and a high level of interpersonal skills are also required.
- Knowledge of converting kilos and pounds, tariff book usage and rate application.
- Intermediate computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Ability to travel 25% or more of the time. Availability to travel on short notice to meet immediate business needs would be required
Maryland, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management