Indiana, United States
Group Lead – Aircraft Electrical Systems Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTION – POSITION SUMMARY:
Leads and oversees the Electrical Systems Engineering Group. Responsible for the timely release of accurate engineering data to include: drawings, reports, test plans, and other technical data as required ensuring a quality product is delivered on schedule. Serves as the Electrical Systems Engineering technical specialist.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strong command of the sciences, best practices, methodologies, specifications, components, and materials used in the design and certification of Electrical Systems in support of VIP interior modification STCs.
- Ensures the Electrical Systems Group has the experience, leadership, and controls in place to provide first time quality.
- Promotes the ideals of innovation and continuous quality improvement.
- Generates and maintains execution plans, schedules, and supporting budgets for the Electrical Systems Engineering portion of the project.
- Determines the department staffing required to meet company business objectives and teams with HR to ensure the positions are filled in a timely manner.
- Supervises and manages performance of subordinate engineers. Provides guidance and growth to group members.
- Interfaces with structural, interior, systems, and certification Group Leads/Managers to ensure certifiable designs are generated.
- Provides and/or coordinates the technical interface to key Outside Service Vendors (OSV).
- Contributes to and develops Internal Operating Procedures (IOP).
- Ensures accurate and timely technical support and engineering dispositions are provided in order to resolve aircraft engineering/mechanical systems problems.
- Recommends, establishes, and communicates company procedures and applies leadership when necessary to resolve critical issues.
- Ensures the proper review of and action to Airworthiness Directives (ADs) so as to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Maintains advanced level awareness of FAA regulations and required compliance of 14CFRs, JARs, CS25s, ADs, and SBs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Systems Engineering with at least 5+ years in a lead or supervisory role.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Familiar with a variety of the industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer Aided Drafting/Design (Visual Engineer, AutoCAD, and Viso preferred).
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Knowledge of MS Databases (SQL or Microsoft Access preferred).
- Aviation background with aircraft interior or electrical/avionics experience required.
- Proficient knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
- Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
- Ability work cross-functionally.
- Budget and project management experience required.
- Experience leading employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
Indiana, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Engineer