Houston, Texas, United States
GSE Mechanic – Houston, TX
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: GSE Mechanic
Employment location: Houston, TX
Responsibilities and Duties
The GSE mechanic is responsible to provide preventative maintenance, major and minor repairs on all types of ground service equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on company ground equipment.
- Perform complex repairs on vehicles, both electrical and mechanical.
- Service fuel farm equipment
- Perform diagnostic procedures (including electrical) on vehicles and equipment to determine repair needs.
- Order, receive, and inventory parts and supplies
- Keep maintenance records of all equipment and report any heavy maintenance requirements to management and communicate as needed with contract maintenance personnel.
- Assist line service technicians on ramp as needed
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to interpret printed and computerized maintenance manuals
- Familiar with various maintenance tooling, jacks, overhead cranes, hoists, and other required tools.
- Ability to write legibly to complete forms/paperwork as required.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office products
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Bilingual preferred
This position reports to the Operations Manager
This position works outside in all types of weather conditions and direct contact with both moving and non-moving aircraft. This position may be exposed to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery.
Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications
- Two (2) years on the job experience as a vehicle/diesel technician
- ASE certification preferred
- Two (2) years technical accredited training-ground service equipment maintenance preferred
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Zero tolerance drug free employer includes pre-employment and random screening
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, to include but not limited to:
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds frequently
- Possible exposure to hazardous noise levels, chemicals, fumes, and machinery
- Outside work in all types of weather conditions.
- Position requires bending, lifting, walking, stooping, squatting, gripping and climbing a ladder.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a non-exempt position
This position includes shift work which requires working evenings and weekends, and on scheduled company holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Houston, Texas, United States