Indiana, United States
Head of Aircraft Engineering Certification & Compliance
JOB DESCRIPTION / POSITION SUMMARY:
Establishes requirements, operational objectives and work plans for all engineering certifications. Assumes full oversight of priorities, cost, methods, compliance with FAA regulations, company data and other such requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Approaches certification with a desire to support new and innovative VIP interior design aspects.
- Willing to develop alternate compliance means without impacting safety.
- Develops and champions STC project means to compliance and supports FAA, EASA, or other regulatory agency technical meetings to that end.
- Establish and foster a cooperative relationship with the regulatory authorities.
- Identify and mentor exceptional engineering talent with an eye to developing company DERs within the Company. Provide the opportunity for interested personnel to interact with the FAA in technical meetings.
- Work with engineering to establish means of compliance for new or innovative designs desired in a VIP environment. Ensure coordination of certification aspects with engineering design.
- Provide guidance and support with engineering design activity to ensure regulatory compliance of the completed product.
- Guide and mentor subordinates in understanding of regulatory requirements and application within various aspects of design.
- Establish certification plan and schedule for completion and MRO STC activities. Ensures that budgets, schedules, and performance standards are aligned with aircraft completions and are realistically set and attained.
- Conducts personnel evaluations and makes decisions regarding staffing, performance appraisals, counseling, and training of employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering; advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years related engineering/certification experience in progressive roles; plus at least 5+ years in a lead or manager position overseeing projects and people.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Aviation background and aircraft engineering/certification experience required.
- Full command of FAA regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge of EASA regulatory requirements (strongly preferred).
- Experience in supporting aircraft operations regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of industry engineering design, certifications and documentation standards.
- Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
- Ability to coach and motivate team of engineers.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Budget and project management experience required.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AutoCAD required).
Indiana, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Engineer