The selected candidate will plan, implement and support the FAA Repair Station activities for the repair and maintenance of environmental control system components, engine fuel heaters and fuel oil coolers. Additionally, the repair and maintenance of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components for over 40 different commercial aircraft types. The selected candidate will apply knowledge of engineering principles, theories and industry practices to provide support for FAA FAR component repair solutions, develop DER repairs, and be involved with multiple aspects of the FAA FAR-145 component repair process. All duties will be performed in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility and production issues.
• Plans and implements engineering programs, including defining the project philosophies, activities, milestones, and customer requirements.
• Must have a strong blend of technical, project & positive customer relationship building experience.
• Requires exceptional written, verbal & interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated strong use of analytical skills, including FEA.
• Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project.
• Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
• Prepares interim and completion project reports.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree or higher from four-year college and/or university in the field of Engineering. Equivalent experience will be considered as the equivalent of a technical degree.
• Requires at least 10 years in a regulated industry, such as aerospace and defense, with knowledge of FAA certification preferred
• Prefer knowledge and use of Six Sigma tools
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Ability to design work flows and procedures
• Extensive experience with developing project plans, coordinating projects, communicating changes and progress, completing projects on time and budget, managing project team activities
• Advanced written and oral communications skills
• Advanced level of proficiency with Solidworks or similar systems, MathCAD, MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
• Experience with heat exchanger fin manufacturing
• Experience with Vacuum Furnace Brazing of both Stainless Steel and Aluminum Products
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit expectations
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally