Human Resource Manager (for FAR 121 Cargo Carrier in Miami, FL)
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: Human Resource Manager
Job Summary: Employer is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager for a PART 121 Cargo Carrier with a team of over 100 employees and a fleet of commercial cargo aircraft located in the Miami, FL area. An excellent communicator with 5+ years of aviation-based HR experience and 3+ years spent collaborating with executive level employees. The candidate must have a proven record of accomplishment in positively influencing teams and their leaders. Must also be a good listener and comfortable handling employee issues. A high level of knowledge in employment law and compliance, focused on FAA aviation-based employment regulations and compliance.
Job Responsibilities: The human resources professional is a trusted advisor on people-related issues including performance, conduct, development and conflict resolution. The candidate is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource department, payroll, and employee / pilot records functions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation and employment law compliance. This position is also responsible for maintaining employee and pilot records, scheduling employee and pilot training, drug program, and background checks.
Summary of job Duties:
- HR compliance for companies with over 100 employees
- Manage employee benefits program
- General staff
- Assist the Chief Pilot in pilot/crew recruiting
- Manage payroll in an outsourced and in-house environments
- Onboarding newcomers to the company
- Developing adequate induction and training
- Supporting employee opportunities for professional development
- Managing succession planning of staff
- Manage the performance management and review process
- Responsible for the Employee Handbook and HR Policies
- Managing Background checks and fingerprints requirements for all new hires.
- Manage and oversee company Drug and Alcohol (D&A) compliance program as the company DER (Designated Employer Representative). Please see DER qualifications in the ‘Required Experience’ section below: The HR Manager hired will receive DER training from employer specific to the employer’s D&A program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or another business discipline.
- HR professional certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, and/or SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- 5-7 plus years related experience in human resources.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish is PREFERRED – NOT REQUIRED!!
- Experience with HR & Payroll Systems implementation preferred
- Experience managing payroll in an outsourced and in-house environments
- Experience as FAA DER (Designated Employer Representative) to include:
- Ability to qualify for and be appointed by employer to be the Designated Employer Representative (DER) to manage the Drug and Alcohol program for employer. Requirements for DER appointment are:
- Candidate must have worked or managed a D&A Program previously and
- Candidate must have knowledge of the regulations DOT 49 CFR part 40 and 14 CFR part 120, and
- Candidate must have experience managing and maintaining all company D&A forms and records to ensure paperwork is organized and ready for FAA audits
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize and implement multiple projects within targeted deadlines.
- Experience partnering with both high-level leaders and team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment law and regulations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Operations / Management