San Diego, CA
Industrial Electronics Mechanic – Aircraft Depot Maintenance Facility Industrial Equipment
The mechanic in this position may work as an individual performing routine repetitive Electrical Equipment Worker functions of a less complex nature, or as a team member performing more complex tasks. Support shall include troubleshooting, repair, installation, removal, and modification of industrial equipment, utilities, production support equipment, ground support equipment, specialized tooling, and weight handling equipment. Task areas include: industrial maintenance support services. It may also require repair, test, adjust, or install electronic equipment, such as industrial controls, transmitters, and antennas.
Type of work performed:
- This mechanic makes visual checks. Repairs obvious damage: applies test signals to troubleshoot circuits, locates and repairs malfunctions on circuit cards or chassis.
- Applies established work methods and procedures to install, modify, overhaul, maintain, perform limited diagnostic checks, disassemble, re-assemble, repair, and test electrical/electronic equipment of limited complexity, i.e., sub-assemblies, printed circuit cards, etc.
- Disassemble electric motors and generators and make electrical/electronic and limited mechanical repairs by replacing or adjusting parts such as bearings, switches, wiring, and gears.
- Assemble, repair, modify replace, and install electrical quick-change assembly components such as electrical cables and wiring harnesses associated with the industrial equipment, test stands, and test cells and test the completed product for proper operation.
- Work as a team member to perform: routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance on more complex industrial machinery including multiple axis numerically controlled machines; installs, repairs, and maintains complex electrical/electronic components located in aircraft component test cells. Autoclaves, programmable logic controllers, X-ray machines, etc.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Incumbent must possess a practical working knowledge of electronic and electrical principles.
- Ability to locate and repair malfunctions and test completed work.
- Knowledge of and ability to use wire color codes, symbols, layout sheets, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer specifications of uncomplicated assemblies to complete assignments.
- Working knowledge of various types and sizes of wire, connectors, and plugs.
- Requires skill in operating common electrical/electronic test equipment, i.e., oscilloscopes, multi-meters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, and meggers to perform basic electrical/electronic checks.
- Skilled in the use of the trade related hand tools such as soldering irons, crimping devices, electrician pliers, stripping tools, etc.
- Seven to nine (7-9) years’ experience in similar work.
- Must possess the ability to work independently, without technical guidance, to perform all tasks.
- Will be familiar with all relevant publications, directives and orders.
Required education & added skills background:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Shall be a U.S. citizen to ensure access to flight line work spaces, restricted areas (RA) and critical information systems via eligibility to attain and maintain a CAC card.
- Must be able to pass a background check and be eligible to receive a U.S. Government Secret security clearance.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license if billet requires use of a government owned vehicle.
This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching and climbing. May frequently lift and carry items weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift heavier items with the assistance of other workers. Work may be performed on top or under equipment in cramped or awkward positions. Normal color perception required.
Work Environment (ADA):
May be required to work in areas in the hangar and on the flight line that are noisy and dusty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment, when applicable.
San Diego, CA
Industrial Equipment Maintenance