Industrial Electronics Mechanic
The mechanic in this position may work as an individual performing routine repetitive Electrical Equipment Worker functions of a less complex nature, or as a team member performing more complex tasks.
Support shall include troubleshooting, repair, installation, removal, and modification of industrial equipment, utilities, production support equipment, ground support equipment, specialized tooling, and weight handling equipment.
Task areas include: industrial maintenance support services. It may also require repair, test, adjust, or install electronic equipment, such as industrial controls, transmitters, and antennas.
Type of work performed:
Required Skills and Knowledge:
1. Incumbent must possess a practical working knowledge of electronic and electrical principles.
2. Ability to locate and repair malfunctions and test completed work.
3. Knowledge of and ability to use wire color codes, symbols, layout sheets, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical orders, and manufacturer specifications of uncomplicated assemblies to complete assignments.
4. Working knowledge of various types and sizes of wire, connectors, and plugs.
5. Requires skill in operating common electrical/electronic test equipment, i.e., oscilloscopes, multi-meters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, and meggers to perform basic electrical/electronic checks.
6. Skilled in the use of the trade related hand tools such as soldering irons, crimping devices, electrician pliers, stripping tools, etc.
2. Must possess the ability to work independently, without technical guidance, to perform all tasks.
3. Will be familiar with all relevant publications, directives and orders.
Required education & added skills background:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Shall be a U.S. citizen to ensure access to flight line work spaces, restricted areas (RA) and critical information systems via eligibility to attain and maintain a CAC card.
3. Must be able to pass a background check and be eligible to receive a U.S. Government Secret security clearance.
4. Must possess a valid state driver’s license if billet requires use of a government owned vehicle.