Full Time / Direct Hire
The Company will be performing depot level work by installing a new AN/APX119 IFF Transponder system into fleet-based KC-130J aircraft. Work will be performed at MCAS Iwakuni, Japan.
The Electrical Systems Technician (II / III) will perform specific maintenance related to the installation of technical directive modification kits and the replacement of various avionics and electrical components on the KC-130J.
The period of performance will be:
MCAS Iwakuni Japan, 1 Oct 2018 to 30 June 2019
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Install, remove, replace, service, adjust and troubleshoot electrical systems, ComNav systems as they related to the installation of AFC-493.
2. Fabricate (if directed) and install aircraft wiring, testing aircraft electrical and electronic circuitry, and performing final testing of related and affected electrical, instrument and communication /navigation systems.
3. Inspect, repair and modify all airframe related wiring that related to the technical directive that is being installed.
4. Use and care of common tools, test equipment, multimeters and precision measuring devices in the installation, maintenance or repair of electrical and ComNav systems.
5. Troubleshoot using wiring diagrams, modifying, and repairing complex electrical systems, components and accessories as directed in appropriate technical directive and maintenance manuals.
6. Replace defective control units, relays, boards, servo units, indicating instruments, or other components of the electrical and COMNAV systems as directed by the technical directive and maintenance manuals.
7. Re-install related electronic equipment by routing and connecting wiring to new or existing electrical or electronic systems, components, or equipment.
8. Researching aircraft modification history, technical orders, engineering change proposals, and manuals concerning wire codes, wiring configuration, and testing procedures.
9. Complete Technical Directive Compliance Report (TCTR) forms.
Required educational/skills background/other
Paid Federal holidays
Vision Insurance (optional)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Vacation hours (accrued)