Portland, Oregon, United States
LEAD TECHNICIAN (A&P)
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
- Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to all safety standards established by the Company and regulatory agencies.
- Perform maintenance on customer aircraft or articles as requested.
- Interact with customers, vendors and Company employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Communicate work progress and significant issues with the MX Operations Manager or other appropriate local management.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Maintain practices and procedures contributing to a safe, profitable, positive and fun work environment.
- Supervise and direct Technicians on assignments.
- Review daily progress of work in debrief with Service Supervisor for schedule changes.
- Assist MX Operations Manager as necessary with generation of estimates as required.
- Ensure all aircraft maintenance requests are served in a timely and efficient manner.
- Retain labor approvals as necessary including overtime and warranty authorizations, prior to work.
- Accountable for labor entries within operating/billing system in tandem with payroll system.
- Return all required documentation to the maintenance administrators for invoicing in a timely manner.
- Perform maintenance, preventative maintenance and alterations on customer equipment as required.
- Immediately inform their supervisor of any discrepancies of un-airworthy conditions found during performance of work assigned.
- Interpret technical manuals, figures and drawings as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned such as taxi and run-up procedures.
- Ensure all maintenance performed is in accordance with the Repair Station Manual.
- Perform equipment repair, as needed, on portable powered equipment, power carts, generators, tugs and other aircraft ground support equipment.
- Maintain the physical appearance and assure the functional operation of all facilities and ground service equipment utilized in the aspects of aircraft maintenance or any other work assigned by the company in conformance with standards of safety, OSHA standards, efficiency and corporate identity.
- Comply with quality assurance, accuracy of documentation and auditing of maintenance activity.
- Any additional duties specific or unique to your location assigned by management.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Education and qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexible work schedule may include working overtime, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call
- Experience with Beechcraft King Airs and other Turboprop
- 5+ years of industry experience
- FAA Certified Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Prior experience as Lead Technician of Supervisor
- Experience on medium to heavy business jets
- Factory maintenance training applicable to base location capabilities including but not limited to Cessna Citation any model, Beechcraft, Hawker, Falcon, Gulfstream and Global is also advantageous
Portland, Oregon, United States