New Jersey, United States
MACHINST – AEROSPACE ENGINEERING & MANUFACTURING
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Under minimum supervision working from blueprints, sketches written and/or verbal instructions, sets up and performs the most diversified and complex progressive machining, fitting and assembly operations. Determines proper tooling and sequence of operations, and skillfully uses all machinists’ hand tools and machine shop measuring equipment in order to produce work to specifications. Must be able to make complicated set-ups and operate available machine tools; determine operational sequences, proper jigs, fixtures and design of tool to be used.
- Must be able to make complicated set-ups and operate available machine tools; determine operational sequences, proper jigs, fixtures and design of tools to be used.
- Must be able to skillfully use all machinist’s hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Must be familiar with the machining of most materials.
- Must be able to use advanced shop math, including trigonometry.
- Moves parts to and from the work area.
- Maintains good housekeeping in the work area.
- Meets all safety requirements in the machine shop and follows all company policies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by supervision.
- Requires a High school diploma or equivalent education
- Requires the completion of an apprenticeship program or similar on the job experience of approximately four years or at least five years experience as a machinist.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIIES REQUIRED
- Ability to operate standard and specialized equipment to produce prototype and/or production parts
- Ability to perform standard shop computations, using technical math, geometry and trigonometry.
- In-depth knowledge of geometric dimensions and tolerances in both standard and metric systems
- Candidate must have “Team” like mentality and be willing to work with a group
- Proficient use of “Bridgeport” type milling machines
- Proficient use of “Hardinge” type tool room precision lathes as well as engine lathes
- Proficient use of tool and surface grinders
- Proficient use of all shop inspection equipment, including but not limited to, CMM, comparator, digital height gages, micrometers, etc.
- Moderate physical activity.
- Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds and pushing, pulling or standing and walking for extended periods of time.
New Jersey, United States