The Commercial Mobility Maintenance Controller (CMMC), is a key member of the company’s Commercial Airline Support team, which helps deliver and maintain the company’s best-in-class “In-Flight Connectivity (IFC) and In-Flight Entertainment (IFE)” services to our Commercial Airline customers. The Maintenance Controller plays a critical part in the service launch of new customers, supporting system activations and over-the air system checks for new installations and ongoing maintenance of the Company’s onboard IFEC solutions across all airline partners fleet of aircraft. The Maintenance Controller ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with the Company’s procedures and airline manuals, following FAA and local regulations. Additional key responsibilities include providing support to on-site, and airline maintenance representatives during the installation, activation and maintenance of The Company’s IFEC equipment, including software loads and updates. This role works in collaboration with the Company’s airline partners to support and close the daily maintenance issues. Verbal and written interaction with airlines is frequent and must be delivered professionally. The Maintenance Controller interfaces with internal and external stakeholders, and must be able to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including engineering teams, program management, customers, and third party partners & suppliers. This position requires contributing to shared knowledge, documentation, training of peers and other stakeholders, and may require travel to other company offices, customer locations, and airline maintenance locations up to 10%. The ideal candidate will have a background in commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing. The critical nature of the work requires good judgment, initiative and specialized technical expertise to understand problems and develop recommended solutions. Experience with hardware and software elements involved in IP networking and satellite communications is preferred. Familiarity with UNIX/LINUX configuration, and ability to capture and interpret network traces is a plus.
• Supports and provides technical guidance for personnel performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the IFC system.
• Responsible for continuous monitoring of the maintenance status of aircraft IFE/IFC systems in line operations by close communication with Line Maintenance personnel, Maintenance Vendors, Airline Operations, Aircraft Engineering and other stakeholders to ensure all systems are operational.
• Manages system out of service activities which includes planning for spares, tooling, equipment, skill and adequate manpower to ensure systems are restored expeditiously.
• Ensure complete and accurate documentation and records of all maintenance work performed on customer aircraft.
• Communicate with Airline Operations Managers, Quality Assurance, Materials management and contract maintenance as required to support the repair and maintenance process.
• Track, maintain and ensure all open anomalies across the installed fleet are actively being worked.
• Participate with technical teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair any discrepancies related to the aircraft in accordance with approved technical data.
• Assist in the development of a maintenance and preventative maintenance program.
• Assist in analyzing system reliability and suggest a course of action based on those findings.
• Provide remote assistance to support diagnostic checks on the company’s IFEC equipment installed on customer aircraft.
• Coordinate new software roll out, testing and implementation to minimize impact to reliability.
• Reviews aircraft historical data and issues action plans as required.
• Supports the daily operational call reporting on the status and plan for the the company’s installed fleet
• Provide a timely response and resolution to any service inquiry related to installation & maintenance.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Manager, Commercial Mobility Maintenance Control (CMMC).
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Airframe & Powerplant Certificate required.
• At least 2 years of commercial aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
• The ability to work with and understand maintenance manuals, maintenance programs, reliability programs, and interpret FAA regulations.
• Prior experience working with Linux/Unix a plus
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in a 24×7 environment as needed to support round-the-clock operations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex technical material to a variety of audiences
• Strong Computer skills required including Microsoft Office.
• Prior experience with RF Satellite or Wireless Communication systems preferred
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
• Must hold a valid U.S. Passport
• Must be able to obtain AOA airport badges