South Carolina, United States
Manager of Manufacturing (Aerospace)
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide top-level leadership with regard to the manufacturing operations focusing on long range strategic planning and implementation of the plans.
- Ensure that all direct reports are meeting the goals and objectives set out in the business plan and that adequate time is being committed and plans are in place to achieve these goals.
- Monitor monthly production output to identify problems with delivery, quality, margins, inventory, and productivity.
- Develop and implement corrective action to ensure that each problem is addressed and corrected.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all direct reports, supervisors, and production assistants with a strong focus on implementing lean manufacturing and improving productivity. Primary focus of identifying and driving out waste and inefficiency.
- Ensure training programs are in place and effective. Develop new training programs where necessary and ensure that existing programs are used and followed up on.
- Coordinate with other departments outside manufacturing to make sure the information and communication between manufacturing and other departments is adequate and timely.
- Coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting among direct reports and submit to the appropriate people.
- Identify and develop reports necessary to effectively manage manufacturing and quality to meet our overall company objectives.
- Submit manufacturing plans on an annual basis in support of the overall company business plan.
- Ability to navigate within the ERP system to monitor production, delivery, quality, margins and inventory.
- Composite experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Epicor software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and appropriate regulations in business management, purchasing, finance, quality assurance, and production and inventory control, as they apply to a manufacturing operation.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and use financial information/reports as a management tool.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and develop subordinates.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several activities / projects at once, to organize / prioritize work, to meet deadlines and to prepare plans and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead initiatives for meeting customer needs, improving performance, and engaging associates in continuous improvement, and to build collaborative relationships with other functions and organizations.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Operations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
South Carolina, United States
Operations / Management