Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Manager, Planning and Production Control – Aircraft Maintenance (MRO) & Manufacturing
***NOTE*** DUE TO ITAR / TAA REQUIREMENTS THIS POSITION REQUIRES U.S. or UK CITIZENSHIP
Managing the Planning and Production Control (PPC) aspects of all activities associated with aircraft maintenance, repair, overhaul, and manufacturing. Providing the planning sequence of tasks, capacity, capability, manpower requirements, data analysis and such, that it fulfills the operational requirements and meets the accepted company standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Transforming policies, strategies and objectives into long, medium and short-term plans, which include internal development and productivity increase, as well as, participating in executing these plans in coordination with other concerned divisions and departments.
- Conducting periodic meetings with Management and Subordinates, ensuring the efficiency of all activities, identifying any issues and resolving them, accordingly.
- Contributing to Business Development strategies, in order to maximize growth and profitable opportunities, ensuring that the implementation of such improvements through the Department, are focused and delivered to contribute to our competitive advantage, over other business challengers, within current and potential future market sectors. Supervising the preparation of Requests for Quotations (RFQ), reviewing them and ensuring all the terms and conditions are consistent with Company policies and procedures.
- Verifying documentation for the proposed aircraft maintenance Work Package, compared with the current Work Scope provided by the Business Development Department and ensuring sufficient data is available, to enable compilation of man-hours and downtime estimation. This is to include, review of all Routine, Out of Phase and Component Tasks, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, Modifications, Structurally Significant Items, Corrosion Prevention and Control Program, etc. Liaise with the Engineering Department, regarding issue of Engineering Orders for the Customer (EOC) and Production for confirmation of task hours.
- Disciplining Planning Processes, Standards and Controls, by periodically analyzing variances in actual production performance against planned figures. Identifying the causes of any anomalies, in order to improve future planning and make recommendations, when remedial action is deemed necessary.
- Ensuring planning data held in the Maintenance Planning Software system and Job Function, associated databases are continually updated by relevant personnel. Liaise with Production, regarding review and confirmation of maintenance tasks, hours and downtime required
- Liaising with the Customers Planning Department, both prior to and during Maintenance.
- Organizing and scheduling Meetings with the On-site Representative (OSR), during the Maintenance Input and provide hard and soft copy formats of the minutes.
- Establishing and managing anticipated Production Control time-lines, for Aircraft Maintenance. Computation of manpower capacity, capability and workload, to ensure effective scheduling of aircraft maintenance inputs and sufficient personnel to perform, supervise and inspect the work. Ensuring material preload, spares, tools and components, required for standard tasks are reserved, as per Alsalam procedures, in order to accomplish the proposed planned maintenance on schedule.
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining the technical knowledge and associated skills necessary to properly support and effectively discharge any planning requirements undertaken. Providing a means by which, timely and constructive guidance, management teams, enabling the successful management of programs, projects, or tasks.
- Supporting processes, program, or project management, in improving overall operational efficiency. Ensuring all Planning Processes and Controls used by the PPC team, are fit for purpose and reviewed regularly, for organizational currency and compliance with guidelines and instructions, as directed by the appropriate regulatory and statutory authorities.
- Working with Program and Project Managers and associated teams, ensuring that all planning considerations and requirements are understood and addressed fully, through management of the PPC team. Also, that the implications of all decisions made regarding the effective execution and closure of programs and projects are fully understood by all concerned and that effective Planning and Production Control actions are implemented in all phases of the Program, or Project in which, the PPC Department is actively involved.
- Managing the development of new aircraft type capability.
- Creating an annual budget for the Department, which is in-line with the over-all business plan and managing the Department expenditure and earnings, within agreed guidelines.
- Following-up on subordinate’s affairs including vacations, health…etc.
- Carrying out performance appraisals for subordinates, according to scheduled plans and recommending necessary actions.
- Following-up on recruitment plans and determining manpower requirements. Providing the leadership necessary for Planners and Production Controllers, enabling them to deliver against specific tasks, or projects, supporting both their competency and professional development through appropriate developmental activities.
- Determining training requirements of subordinates and evaluating the outcome of training courses, in coordination with the Training Department.
- Ensuring higher management and relevant staff is made aware of any shortfall in personnel, which may detrimentally affect the overall performance of the Department.
- Reviewing Curriculum Vitae of potential employees and conducting Interviews to establish suitability of personnel.
- Preparing periodic reports with respect to the Department activities and achievements to be submitted to the Vice President, Aircraft Maintenance and Manufacturing Division.
- Complying with additional assignments, as directed by Vice President Aircraft Maintenance and Manufacturing, or his Deputy, which are considered to be within capability and experience.
- Ensuring that the Company Health and Safety Policy are adhered to, within the PPC Department.
B.Sc. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. Master’s Degree is preferred.
A minimum of 7 years of experience in similar industry and field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a managerial role.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Middle East
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management