PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Job Title: Materials & Parts Specialist I
Employment location: Dallas, TX
Summary of Job Purpose:
Responsible for the safe handling and processing of aircraft materials as required by company, regulatory requirements, and best practices. Responsible for receiving, binning, shipping, issuing of aircraft parts, purchasing, core tracking, and sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure part are available for daily maintenance workload.
• Process and verify material receipts against contents and compare materials documentation to validate for accuracy and compliance.
• Receive all incoming packages and inspect for quality and airworthiness.
• Package material for shipment in compliance with FAA standards.
• Ship aircraft parts as required to ensure company aircraft are in a flyable status.
• Maintain inventories and certifications accurately and properly in the company’s software system.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining warranty claims, rotable components, exchanges, repair orders, hazmat shipping/receiving and other duties as assigned.
• Ensure process and procedures for purchasing are consistent with Purchasing Procedures.
• Organize and prioritize daily workload for the parts department and purchasing department.
• Accurately assign parts to aircraft that are currently under maintenance.
• Daily liaison with DOM to ensure parts needs are satisfied to meet aircraft schedules.
• Ensure Vendors are advised of any Import requirements to avoid shipping delays. (Such as drop shipments, etc.)
• Ensure aircraft product purchases have necessary certification for material type.
• Coordinate with Finance to resolve invoice discrepancies.
• Follow up with vendor purchases to ensure delivery times are being met.
• Resolve purchase order discrepancies between vendors and the company in a timely manner.
• Provide reporting data to Director of Maintenance as required.
• Responsible for all in-house minimum/maximum stock levels to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure purchases are made from company approved vendors.
Scope and Accountability:
• Thorough understanding of aircraft parts, systems, and mechanics.
• Detail-oriented with mechanical inclination.
• Superior and careful workmanship.
• Maintain a corporate atmosphere that is safe, neat, and professional.
• Good working knowledge of computerized inventory procedures to include experience in material services, inventory control or production control.
Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 2-5 years of related experience and/or purchasing aircraft and aircraft related products; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Able to complete tasks accurately and timely with minimal supervision
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Must pass security 10-year background check
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Working indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
• Must be able to lift and pull objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
• Must be willing to work in an environment that is subject to changing climate conditions and moderate noise levels.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.