South Carolina, United States
MRO Process Development/Materials Engineer – South Carolina
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: Laser Process Development Manager
Employment location: Clover, SC
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Manage the Laser Development function. Align customer’s expectations with company’s capabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage laser powder metal deposition process engineering projects from concept to delivery.
- Conceptualize and coordinate the design, development, and implementation of laser welding processes for a variety of turbine components, in particular repair of compressor and turbine blades.
- Prepare metallurgical mounts and conduct evaluation of properties such as porosity, cracking, and lack of fusion.
- Evaluate customer system or product specifications and provide feedback on process/product capability and level of effort required to meet customer requirements.
- Train staff and supervise tasks/activities to assure timely completion.
- Assure developed programs and products meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Assist in process transfer and commissioning at customer facilities.
- Provide technical and trouble-shooting support.
- Participate in advanced laser metal deposition research and development projects, including optimization of hardware, process, materials, and monitoring.
- Support the Sales team with customer briefings and demonstrations.
- Support the Marketing team with the development of promotional materials and evaluation of new market opportunities.
- Support the Engineering team with guidance and feedback regarding new product development.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- BS or MS in Engineering, preferably in welding or materials science.
- Experience with metal additive OR Powder Bed Additive manufacturing
- Experience with turbine component repair, OEM repair manuals, validation and qualification protocols, destructive and non-destructive testing preferred.
- Experience with CNC systems, Directed Energy Deposition, automated welding or metal additive manufacturing systems and processes preferred.
- Understanding of conventional metal fabrication techniques, including casting, forging, MIM, machining, grinding, polishing, etc.
- Understanding of metallographic, mechanical test, NDT, and other analytical tools.
- Good communication, organization, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and perform tasks and responsibilities within structured timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability working in a multi-discipline team culture.
- Ability to create additive welding and fusion welding programs using AutoCLAD
- Knowledge of common metallurgical criteria and techniques used to assess weld quality
- Knowledge of weld processes as applied to gas turbine components
- Ability to organize multiple activities/tasks/traveling staff
- Promote positive customer interactions and satisfaction.
- Effective communications with interested parties
- Strong computer skills
Will work in environment that contains metal powders, chemicals, etc.
Employer provides competitive pay as well as a generous benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans. In addition, employer offers a 401k match and stock options.
South Carolina, United States