New Job Opportunities in the Oil & Gas Industry – Maintenance Technician – Electronics
WE HAVE NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR MILITARY TRAINED AVIONICS AND ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANS WITH A WORLD CLASS LEADER IN THE OIL & GAS INDUSTRY. SEVERAL LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES.
The Maintenance Technician – Electronics is a specialized technician who follows a specific training program and is a member of the maintenance team with the important role of maintaining the reliability of company equipment. The Maintenance Technician – Electronics is responsible for doing the modifications, and corrective and preventive maintenance to minimize the failures in electronic equipment in order to prevent either lost time or poor quality data by ensuring that their assigned equipment is maintained as per Maintenance Standards.
The Maintenance Technician – Electronics reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
People & Training
- Participates in advanced schools and seminars related to his/her expertise for refreshing and sharing his/her knowledge with the maintenance team, and ensuring his/her post training is accurately recorded.
- Keeps current with new Wireline equipment and technology and updated maintenance methods.
- Promotes the importance of Data and Service Quality within the maintenance community.
- Understands and complies with company rules and regulations.
- Assists the development and coaching of less senior Technicians.
- Assists other team members with the maintenance sections of their training program.
Process & Equipment
- Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained with the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures.
- Performs Quality checks and modifications strictly as per procedure and according to the defined schedule.
- Efficiently troubleshoots and repairs assigned equipment.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis of failures.
- Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately.
- Drives their workflow and ensures data entry is accurate, timely and honest.
- Actively uses InTouch Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
- Makes recommendations to supervisors on requirements for spare parts, test equipment and tools necessary for efficient maintenance.
- Use his/her expertise to technically support the site/location.
Quality & HSE
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
- Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of company and client information.
- Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
- Supports Management efforts to minimize general and segment-specific Quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Conducts unsafe and hazardous situation audits / identification.
- Uses QUEST to report RIR and for follow up on action items.
- Understands and actively applies the Prevention Plan.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Experience: The Maintenance Technician – Electronics should be hired with a 2-year technical degree. The employee must have the ability to formulate thought processes necessary for efficient troubleshooting. This position requires the ability to communicate with supervisors and lower seniority technicians, to share knowledge.
Prior military aircraft and tracked/wheeled vehicle maintenance experience preferred (avionics, electronics, engines/propulsion, hydraulics/pneudraulics etc.)
Aviation Maintenance, Oil & Gas Industry