New Job Opportunities in the Oil & Gas Industry – Maintenance Technician – Mechanical
WE HAVE NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR MILITARY TRAINED AVIONICS AND ELECTRONICS TECHNICIANS WITH A WORLD CLASS LEADER IN THE OIL & GAS INDUSTRY. SEVERAL LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES.
The Maintenance Technician Mechanical performs and documents the routine and advanced mechanical and electronic repairs, troubleshooting and diagnosis, and proactive maintenance of Well Services equipment. The Technicians are Mechatronic Specialists who should work to develop advanced technical expertise in both electronics and mechanics. The Maintenance Technician -Mechanical assists with the supervision, training and development of all maintenance personnel.
The Maintenance Technician Mechanical reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor (MSV) or Maintenance Manager (GMM).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
People & Training
- Participates in advanced schools and seminars related to his/her expertise, for refreshing and sharing his/her knowledge with the maintenance team and ensures his/her post training is accurately recorded.
- Trains, develops and mentors Mechanical and Electronic Technician Trainees and Mechanical/Electronic Technicians 1 and 2 to develop skills and knowledge for career development.
- Coaches Equipment Operators in the correct STEM-I procedures
- Trains personnel on STEM-I and performs STEM II & III on all company mechanical & electronic equipment at the District.
- Completes Learning Objects in LMS and other requirements for promotion to next career level as per SCDP (General Maintenance Technician (GMT)).
- Uses Company tools (InTouch, Maintenance Bulletins, Technical Alerts, OSP website, etc.) to keep up-to-date on new equipment, technology and maintenance issues.
Process & Equipment
- Assists maintenance supervisor in promoting job safety, ordering parts, maintaining spares inventory, preventative maintenance reporting, auditing of third-party suppliers, and with the planning and operating of the maintenance department.
- Performs daily unsupervised routine & advanced maintenance (mechanical & electronic) & well-site calls on WS equipment. Performs & promotes the WS STEM program.
- Performs safe and proper operation of WS equipment in assigned District for maintenance purposes only. Can explain the operational and technical characteristics of WS equipment and well site-specific performance requirements
- Continues to develop self in mechanical and electronic maintenance techniques and equipment to improve mechatronic competency.
- Communicates, reports and documents suggestions, ideas, lessons-learned, and best practices for continuous improvement.
- Uses Fleet Assistant for the planning, execution and documentation of maintenance activities in the District. This includes, but is not limited to, parts purchasing and budget control, labor tracking, warranty claims, planned maintenance scheduling and repair orders.
Quality & HSE
- Follows the company policies and procedures on quality, health, safety and environment and maintains required Quality and HSE certifications up-to-date.
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
- Actively participates in Quality and HSE initiatives & programs (e.g. SOIM’s, Risk Assessments, Quality Improvements, Emergency Response Plan, HSE & SQ Objectives, LPT & SQC).
- Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times and performs housekeeping duties as part of the maintenance team to maintain cleanliness in shop area. Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Supports Management efforts to minimize general and Segment-specific Quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Promotes and participates in job risk analysis and continual improvement programs in the District. Uses QUEST to document RIR’s for HSE and SQ issues and develop action items.
- Assists the Maintenance Staff in ensuring clean, orderly and safe working conditions in the workshop and disposal of waste according to properly conducted methods.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Experience: The Maintenance Technician Mechanical should be hired with a 2 years technical degree. The employee must have the ability to formulate thought processes necessary for efficient troubleshooting
Prior military aircraft and tracked/wheeled vehicle maintenance experience preferred (avionics, electronics, engines/propulsion, hydraulics/pneudraulics etc.)
Aviation Maintenance, Oil & Gas Industry