Work Remotely, United States
OEM Contracts Manager/OEM Procurement Manager – WORK-FROM-HOME
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of Position: OEM Contracts Manager/Procurement Manager
Employment location: WORK-FROM-HOME
The primary purpose of this role is to provide day-to-day management of the company’s complex contractual relationship with Boeing. Other key responsibilities include supporting negotiations for new aircraft and engine deals, leading and supporting various projects and fostering and managing the company’s relationship with Boeing and other suppliers.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Managing the company’s contractual agreements and obligations with Boeing.
- Supporting senior management in the negotiation of new aircraft and engine deals
- Developing and maintaining on-going relationships with OEMs
- Managing and supporting projects for the OEM Procurement team and other departments
- Continuous improvement within the OEM Procurement team
Duties and responsibilities
Managing the company’s contractual rights and obligations under our contractual agreements with Boeing:
- Act as the primary day-to-day interface with Boeing for the on-going execution and administration of contracts.
- Ensure that all of the company’s contractual obligations are met and that all stakeholders are aware of decisions and deadlines.
- Prepare and manage the aircraft delivery process up to and including transfer of title to the aircraft (including aircraft/engine price calculation, preparation and/or review and signature of delivery documents upon the Transfer of Title).
- Liaise with Sales, Legal, Technical and other internal colleagues to assist in the placement of Boeing aircraft.
- Provide analysis and insight to support decisions and resolve disputes.
- Maintain databases to assist in the management of the company’s placement activities and contractual obligations.
Supporting Senior Management in the negotiation of new aircraft and engine deals:
- Assess demand for aircraft and engine types by understanding aircraft capability and economic performance, OEM sales and availabilities, on-going technical issues, equipment replacement cycles and other market trends.
- With the Transaction team, assess high-level business cases for acquiring aircraft and engine types.
- Manage internal and external processes to request proposals for additional aircraft and engines.
- Provide expert insight and analysis of existing contracts and proposed new deals.
- With Senior Management, develop and execute negotiation strategies to achieve best value for the employer.
Developing and maintaining on-going relationships with OEMs
- Understanding OEMs’ organizations and relevant stakeholders and decision-makers and developing relationships with these individuals.
- Facilitating C-level engagement between the company and OEMs.
- Developing and maintaining positive working-level relationships with OEMs, even during times of tension.
- Coordinating the company’s involvement in OEM-organized events, representing the company where appropriate.
Managing and supporting projects for the OEM Procurement team and other departments:
- Wide-ranging projects including those to support new aircraft placement, complex airline deals, improve cross-department working and enhance the OEM Procurement team’s effectiveness.
Continuous improvement within the OEM Procurement team:
- Support and lead initiatives to improve internal processes to govern and control OEM matters.
- Working with Legal, Technical, Transaction and Sales teams, identify areas for improvement in OEM contracts, identify ‘best-in-class’ terms across existing contracts and gather market intelligence to identify ‘best practice’ for achievable contract terms.
- Provide cover for other colleagues, especially for new aircraft deliveries.
- On-going personal development aimed at improving personal and team effectiveness.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree 2.1 or higher.
- Three years’ experience in a commercial or technical aviation field, ideally in an airline Fleet Planning or Aircraft Procurement team or a lessor Aircraft Procurement team.
- Experience working with Airbus and/or Boeing and, ideally knowledge of new aircraft purchase agreements.
Work Remotely, United States
Operations / Management, Sales