Part 135 Chief Pilot
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
- Position reports to the Director of Operations and works closely with the VP of Operations of the company
- May provide guidance and assistance involving problem resolutions for the scheduling department.
- Manages all issues with the pilot staff and respond to their questions/concerns.
- Will share responsibility and authority with the Director of Operations for final decisions related to the initiation, continuation, and termination of all air carrier flights conducted by the Company.
- Assists the Director of Operations in creating operations policies as well as enforcing those policies. Advises him/her on the status of available flight crewmembers and responsible for crewmember standardization.
- Ensures that the highest customer service is provided to passengers through the proper training and monitoring of pilots and scheduling staff.
- Maintains, implements, or ensures the highest hiring standards are being employed.
- Monitors and coach’s pilot’s performance, sharing of knowledge, and evaluation for potential advancement.
- Develops and monitors all relative operation guidelines including pilot’s conduct and professional appearance.
- Instructs and monitors pilots in the use of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Establishes and maintains the approved company ground and flight training programs with the assistance of the training director. Also ensures aircraft and equipment are available for training for flight crew.
- Ensures qualifications and currency of company check airmen and instructors.
- Maintain and develop manuals and procedures for operations.
- May delegate functions – but retains responsibility.
- Oversees the initial and recurrent training of aviation personnel.
- Is informed of the latest developments with the business aviation community and regulations affecting operations.
- Assists with the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
- Ensures that revisions and amendments to the standard operating procedures are current.
- Monitors compliance with applicable safety standards (DOT, FAA, OSHA, EPA).
- Prepares and distributes periodic reports and statistics as required.
- Maintains files of Load Manifest forms as well as current aircraft checklists.
- Other duties as assigned to conduct business.
– Lear Jet or Challenger Type Rating
Operations / Management, Pilot