Grand Rapids, MI
Part 135 – Director of Maintenance – Michigan
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
- The Director of Maintenance submits recommendations for additional equipment to the VP – Ops.
- Coordinate, plan and schedule all functions within the department to ensure a proper flow of activities.
- Conducts periodic meetings with all team heads to ensure a line of communication.
- Complies with the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) and the General Maintenance Manual (GMM) by conducting periodic reviews of each department and their management.
- To initiate applicable action that is required to correct any deficiencies found during reviews.
- Responsible for the reweighing of each (multiengine) aircraft and maintains weight and balance records for all company aircrafts.
- Submits reports and summary reports to the FAA with compliance.
- Maintains a close liaison with the local FAA maintenance inspectors.
- Will assure that all maintenance, inspection, overhaul and repair manuals for Company aircraft are kept up to date, and all personnel are properly trained and qualified to perform the maintenance.
- Will assist with the writing and updating of maintenance procedures specified in all Company Manuals, and make them readily available for all maintenance personnel.
- Maintain and update a current status with the Aircraft Inspection Status Reports.
- Adds or deletes any aircraft from Operations Specifications.
- Responsible for ordering parts, lubricants, etc., in sufficient quantity to minimize aircraft down time.
- Making decisions based on aircraft airworthiness and safety, prioritizing for maintenance scheduling, and planning costs.
- Schedules and coordinates all maintenance and inspections performed on Company aircrafts and insures their compliance.
- Ensure that a budget is provided to keep all required applicable associates informed.
- The Director of Maintenance has the authority to employ and/or terminate all personnel assigned to his/her Maintenance department.
- The Director of Maintenance may delegate all duties assigned to any qualified assistant as necessary; however, it does not relieve him/her of overall responsibilities.
- Responsible for any additional duties assigned by the COO.
- Other duties as assigned to conduct business.
- Highly knowledgeable of all maintenance sections contained in the General Operations Manual (GOM), General Maintenance Manual (GMM), Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FAA), aircraft maintenance and inspection documents as well as any other documents necessary for the proper performance of his/her duties.
- At least 3 out of the past 6 years previous experience in airframe or power plant maintenance.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language in accordance with safety regulations.
- Must have A&P Certificate, Aircraft specific maintenance training, knowledge of FAR’s.
- Personal on-going development.
- To submit to an initial drug test along with random drug and alcohol testing in order to comply with safety guidelines.
Grand Rapids, MI