Work Remotely, United States
PART 135 – DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS – Remote / Work from Home Option
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
This position offers a remote/work from home option. Midwest, Southeast, or East Coast location required.
The Director of Operations is the leader of the Flight Operations Department and has a direct reporting line to the company’s Accountable Manager. The principal mission of this position is to provide both strategic and tactical direction for the line flight operational leadership, pilot team and cabin attendant group as it relates to the safe and efficient operation of company aircraft and the training of company pilots and cabin attendants. The Director of Operations is responsible for managing, directing, and evaluating all matters pertaining to line flying including all Standard Operating Procedures, line operational programs and ensuring line, cabin and flight training is conducted according to regulatory requirements. Using high-performance team dynamics, the DO should ensure leadership, direction and effective communication is utilized to foster a teamwork environment, ensure optimal information flow with all line flight operational staff, and assist in team building initiatives. Interfaces and collaborate closely with other Corporate senior management colleagues as well as Dispatch, In-Flight Operations and Maintenance.
The Director will hold (or have held) an FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate and First-Class Medical license and appropriate type ratings which allow the DO to relate to and understand the duties and challenges of both pilots-in-command and cabin attendants for the aircraft types in operation by the company. In general, the Director of Operations ensures the continuous improvement of the line flight, cabin safety and pilot training programs so as to remain safe, productive and efficient while enhancing the Company brand.
Provide oversight and direction to the Chief Pilot; Contract Providers of both pilot and cabin attendant training; Safety Manager and Flight Operations Administrative personnel ensuring that all flight and cabin crew members are familiar with the regulations and procedures pertaining to their duties including operating procedures, FAA issued Operations Specifications, the airports and equipment to be used and the air navigation facilities to be utilized.
- Ensure day-to-day compliance to all applicable Standard Operating Procedures, policies and processes.
- Serve as a primary liaison with regulatory bodies on matters concerning flight and cabin operations regulation.
- Supervise direct reports to ensure management of line flight operations, Flight and Cabin crew Training programs and line flight safety.
- Provide input to Crew Scheduling/Dispatch regarding technical issues such as pilot scheduling coordination, pilot in command operational issues, etc.
- Oversee pilot and cabin crew retention, recruitment, selection and scheduling activities.
- Manage staff performance including mentor and coach, conduct bi-annual performance reviews and assist the Chief Pilot with corrective/disciplinary action as required.
- As a principal operations liaison to the commercial director, assist with external customers, ensure quality service is provided and, in particular, manage those commercial-related activities that may affect line flight operations.
- Provide leadership and direction with effective communication. Foster a teamwork environment: encourage team members to work collaboratively, ensure optimal information flow with all assigned operational staff, and assist in team building initiatives.
- Remain involved with assessing and determining the need for new flight equipment and provide general direction regarding flight-related equipment and technical requirements.
- Assist with ensuring the Company Emergency Response Plan provides contingency policies and processes in the event of an accident or other operational emergency.
- Assist in the preparation, oversight and management of the flight operations annual budget.
- Identify operations coordination functions which impact on flight safety and efficiency such as maintenance, crew scheduling, load control and equipment scheduling.
- Safety Management systems responsibilities as outlined in the SMS Program manual which may include: participate in investigations, risk assessments, risk mitigation and corrective actions when assigned; encourage employees to become fully engaged in the SMS; ensure all staff are fully trained and aware of their responsibilities with respect to the SMS; communicate lessons learned and procedure changes; apply and document risk assessment and risk management strategies to any change in operations, process or procedures.
- Demonstrate an interest in the operational safety of all Company team members and the company’s clients and support individual team members in their reporting of all errors, irregularities, incidents and accidents without fear of reprisal.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to provide mentoring, direction and guidance to junior staff
- Ability to supervise and assess staff as well as train and motivate people
- Decisive decision making abilities and sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Effective problem solver, influencer, able to make difficult decisions and deliver difficult messages, if necessary.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent relationship and team-building skills
- Must exhibit strong internal customer relationship skills in employee relations issues
- Self-motivated, complimented with high energy focused on cost effectiveness
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing requirements, special assignments, and workload prioritization
- Ability to support, strengthen and enhance flight and corporate safety initiatives.
Work Remotely, United States
Operations / Management, Pilot