New York, United States
Passenger/VIP Charter Broker – hybrid position (Manhattan NYC office and work-from-home)
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Title of position: Passenger/VIP Charter Broker
Employment location: Hybrid position – Manhattan office (NYC) and work-from-home
With almost 50 years of experience, the employer provides a diverse range of aviation-related services on a global basis. The employer’s expertise in all areas of the air charter industry makes them the number one choice for many of the world’s leading logistics providers, multinational corporations, travel partners, and well-known names from the entertainment business.
Whether it’s arranging the delivery of oil equipment to a remote location, organizing flights for a professional sports team, or booking private jets to an island resort, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the charter business.
The employer is a family member of a leading global aerospace services group with almost 100 offices and production stations providing aviation services and solutions worldwide. This global aerospace services group unites a team of more than 7000 professionals, providing state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry and beyond.
The employer is looking for a Passenger/VIP Charter Broker who has a passion for the air charter, aviation, or travel industry; thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to learn and grow with a global air chartering team.
Purpose of the Role
- To manage all aspects of a Commercial charter flight from initial request to putting offers together, following up with client and carrying through to booking and handling of flight operation to its completion.
- To maximize business opportunities by offering tailored solutions to meet client requirements within budgetary and operational restrictions while making a suitable profit for the company.
- To generate and manage a portfolio of clients and actively develop new business through following up on new leads, client recommendations and networking opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Communicate effectively with aircraft providers to obtain the best offers.
- Negotiate with aircraft providers when necessary to procure best value for clients.
- Evaluate suitable commission schedule.
- Ensure timely offer with detailed and accurate information is provided to clients.
- Follow up regularly and work towards flight confirmation.
- Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and company requirements are met.
- Verify supplier contract in detail and ensure all terms comply with company charter agreement.
- Issue flight brief with all flight related information.
- In a timely manner, record all pertinent customer prospect information in the Company CRM system.
- Keep updated on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports, operators, and handlers.
- Participate in conference calls to ensure effective sharing of information and full awareness of others in the Passenger team and other offices.
- Keep updated with activities of other Passenger brokers using the appropriate network of communication.
- Contact airlines to confirm weekend availability and communicate this to colleagues and other airlines to maximize sales.
- Treat sensitive data with care and in a confidential and professional manner.
- Ensure all contracting agreements are accurate and legally compliant.
- Liaise with clients to identify requirements and source suitable, competitive aircraft charter solutions.
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key clients and new business leads to maximize business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is never guaranteed.
- Ensure client is always kept informed of any development linked to specific bookings.
- To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- To travel when required in line with business needs.
- Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
- Stay updated on industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Participate in a rotating out of hour’s duty within the team.
- Identify new areas/industries/companies for business development.
- Provide support for sales activity for new business development.
- Cold call prospective clients to help build our successful portfolio of existing clients.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key clients and new business leads to maximize business opportunities and increase client loyalty.
- Attend and represent the organization at agreed trade shows, conferences, industry events.
- 5 years min. FAR 135 Charter broker experience (with extensive experience managing passenger charter flights from inquiry to post flight)
- Team player to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building, account management & customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Ability to successfully balance client needs with business objectives
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary with sales commission
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity to join a global company and be part of a diverse international team
New York, United States