New York, United States
Pneumatic Technician / Supervisory – Aircraft Component Repair
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
Builds and performs tests on systems and components to determine operability, quality, performance, and suitability. Troubleshoots repairs and modifies as appropriate. Ability and experienced in operating and maintaining Pneumatic complex shop test stands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates standard equipment in test and process environments.
- A broad, overall knowledge of related aircraft systems including hot and cold air driven systems.
- Follows prescribed work methods in accomplishment of assignments.
- Maintains proper laboratory and test records and files.
- A strong knowledge of complex pneumatic equipment.
- Sets up tests and performs evaluations on products and components as required by the company.
- A working knowledge of aircraft Pressurization and cooling systems and their operation and the proven ability to troubleshoot and repair basic problems.
- Inspects, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and suggest application of standard or non-standard techniques.
- Train, assist and supervise technicians in proper work procedures and practices.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability, personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation – must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- The ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions with the ability to compute rate, ratios and percentages.
- Organization – very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication – excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Initiative – plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Analytical skills – must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is a shop floor setting. Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds and comply with OSHA standards.
New York, United States