Job Title: Production Control Director
Reports To: General Manager
Oversees: Procurement, Materials Supervisor, Production Control Administrator and Warehouse
FLSA Status: Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• ERP Software (Epicor) Utilization / Execution / Enhancements / Training
• Job Processing, Time Phase Balancing, MRP, Raw Material Planning, Material Prep and Job Staging, Inventory Control, WIP, Inventory Turns, Shipping / Receiving, Tool Inventory, Consumable Inventory.
• Provide recommendations and data to Senior Management for effective business decisions.
• Participate in Business Sales Growth and Operations Planning Strategies. (S&OP)
• Manage Supply Chain, procurement activities, and supplier performance.
Direct Support Accountabilities for Production Status & Expedite Coordination
• Delivery Performance, Monthly Sales Targets, Gross Margin Performance, Inventory / WIP Targets
• Manage the administrative support of production operations. Ensure that jobs are set-up and released in accordance with planned shipping schedules.
• Monitor to ensure time phase requirements are balanced.
• Ensure that transactions are processed correctly and personnel are trained.
• Develop and manage scheduling points for production processes.
• Manage material planning activities to support production requirements. Manage material requirement activities and identify opportunities for cost reduction of purchased materials / supplies.
• Manage the material preparation activities to ensure timely and accurate availability of materials for production requirements. Establish job staging methods in association with material preparation.
• Monitor monthly production output to identify problems with delivery, quality, margins, inventory, and productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Epicor ERP Master User & Trainer
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Working knowledge of Aerospace specifications and standards
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
• Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles changes, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
• Should have knowledge of Epicor software.
• APICS Certification, Manufacturing Engineering experience
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university; and 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training. Required Minimum 2 years’ experience in production control/inventory management. Extensive experience with Epicor or highly similar ERP systems.
Directly supervises employees in the Production Control and Materials Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.