Program Director – US Army Fixed Wing Aircraft
Note: This Position Is Contingent Upon Contract Award (Expected September 2017)
The Program Director, US Army Programs will be responsible for program management providing contractor logistics support and facilitating engineering modifications. The Program Director, US Army Programs will have overall profit and loss responsibilities associated with the program and will coordinate all strategy and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring program success.
The position will be located in Huntsville, Alabama and located in close proximity to the Fixed Wing Project Office.
- Propose, plan, and execute programs/contracts with minimal oversight from superiors.
- Organize cross-functional activities and priorities to ensure on time completion of projects.
- Act as focal point for communication and decision making within the program team throughout all phases of the program.
- Act as the primary customer point of contact to ensure customer satisfaction and foster a long-term customer relationship.
- Proactively manages activities to ensure project meets targeted content, cost and schedule objectives and monitor project resources, tools, materials, plans and activities and adjust as needed to meet project goals.
- Monitor and report teams’ performance against plans and proactively implement contingencies and corrective actions as needed.
- Actively lead and facilitate team activities including meetings, design and specification reviews, problem identification and resolution.
- Provide accurate and timely information on program status to management.
- Participate in negotiation of contracts/changes, coordinate preparation of proposals, statements of work, request for proposals and proposal evaluation.
- Communicate program status, issues, risks, opportunities and plans to senior management.
- Prepare and brief monthly program reviews to management.
- Ensure coordination across multiple programs and/or projects and with other Program Managers.
- Provide day to day guidance and mentoring to program team members.
- Influence the development of contract negotiation strategies with customers, suppliers, and affiliates to achieve corporate financial objectives.
- Thoroughly understand contractual obligations and ensure these obligations are met.
- Establish operating rhythms with customers that provide sufficient details of program performance, risk assessments, and identification of opportunities for improvement.
- Contribute to marketing campaigns by leading the preparation of proposals.
- Manage the performance of multiple suppliers, affiliates, or peer organizations.
- Prepare forecasts of follow-on new business, sales, and gross profit for annual operating plans and mid-year updates.
- Lead the communication and flowing down of contractual requirements to functional groups, affiliates, and suppliers.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of risk, issue and opportunity management utilizing Active Risk Management (ARM) software.
- Interpret risk analyses and earned value management reports to anticipate problems and take corrective action to prevent/mitigate problems.
- Influence peer organizations into assigning appropriate priorities and motivate them to meet program performance targets.
- Relentlessly follow-up on actions/tasks assigned to peers, subordinates, affiliates, and suppliers.
- Read and understand the company policies and procedures that apply to performing program management.
- Apply best practices in project management to ensure programs: (1) are completed on time and within budget and scope, (2) ensure a value-added quality program, and (3) result in customer satisfaction.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of program documentation, requirements, expectations, and deliverables, i.e., the RFP, proposal, contract, SOW, assumptions, constraints, CDRLs, etc.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, both internal and external.
- Promote adherence to applicable ITAR, TINA, FAR, Export Compliance, Safety, and Security requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 10+ years of Program Management or Senior Management experience in a large results-oriented organization.
- Project/Program Management Professional (PMP) – Preferred.
- Proven track record of successful contract wins and documented business growth.
- Military Background required; (service with General Staff or attended War College).
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing procedure and solving problems.
- Must be a team player, independent thinker, able to multi task and communicate.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build alliances.
- Excellent communication with interpersonal and analytical skills.
- A strong work ethic coupled with good business sense.
- A management style that leads by example and the ability to serve as a team player that can focus on the business objectives of the organization.
- Strong skills in sales and ability to be a business partner.
- Strong understanding of program life cycle and major activities involved in managing development and follow-on production program.
- Ability to manage technical aspects of assigned program is a must.
- Preparing concise briefings and presenting to diverse audiences.
- Ability to bring together a team operating in an IPT environment.
Alabama, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management