San Diego, CA
Project Administrator (Assistant Program Manager) – Worldwide Supplier of Aircraft Components, Parts and Raw Materials to Commercial and Military Aerospace Firms
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position with full benefits package. Starting salary up to $45K with upward mobility to Project Management and increased salary after meeting KPIs.
The Project Administrator provides support and daily assistance to Project Managers and creates efficiency so the Project Manager can be more productive. This position is a Project Manager in training.
The following results are expected from this role:
- Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
- Constantly look for efficiency and cost savings.
- Follow and improve upon the Company’s Best Practices.
- Maintains high level of service and support to clients and third parties.
- Clearly embraces team dynamic and leads by example focused on HTF Aerospace’s vision, mission, and values.
- Team feels more than adequately supported.
- College Degree (preferred)
- Previous experience in Aerospace a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Self-Motivator and Self-Starter
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Enjoys problem solving and detective work
- Enter customer RFQ’s (Requests for Quotation) into Pentagon (company ERP)
- Print out sourcing data from databases (IHS, ILS, PB, NC)
- Send out vendor RFQ’s
- Enter vendor pricing into Pentagon
- Get vendor clarification questions answered
- Call vendors for verbal quotes as needed
- Create quote files and job files for Project Manager
- Create Sales Orders in Pentagon
- Manage payment forms
- Get vendor confirmations and enter into Pentagon
- Vendor delivery follow up
- Vendor relationship management
- Support for Claims and RMA’s
- Provide other miscellaneous support to Project Manager (as required)
- Apply for and file/organize engineering drawings
- Internal project management (tracking and managing action items)
Competencies & Success Factors
- Active listening and conveys information effectively
- Service orientation and social perceptiveness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Internally motivated, ability to work independently as well as work well under pressure in a fast-paced working environment
- Dynamic, proactive, self-starter
- Extremely organized, able to maintain an organized office space
- Not afraid to step outside of comfort zone
- Highly effective communicator both written and verbal
- Driven to execute with consistency
- Highly accountable
- Creative problem solver
- Stand or walk 5% and sit 95% of the time
- Lift and carry up to 25lbs for a distance of up to 25 feet
- Visually distinguish between different colors
- Detect and retrieve messages over the phone
- Bend, reach, and retrieve filing
- Work at desk using computer (typing and mousing) 90% of the time
- Operate a motor vehicle
San Diego, CA
Operations / Management