Project Manager/Operational Site Manager (in the Miami, FL area)
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Job Title: Project Manager/Operations Site Manager
Employment location: Miami, FL
The effective project management of the building and ultimately being the site Operations manager, who is responsible for the effective management of production at the Florida Miami site, within budget and compliant with the integrated management system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and project manage building of the facility
- Upon completion of the building project to be responsible for the operations management of the site.
- To be responsible in the recruitment of necessary staff for the operation on site, as per the budgeted plan.
- To take an active role in commercial sales development and to encourage third party customers
- Manage Environmental Agency liaison.
- Maintain and manage relationships with local authorities (Airport, County, State etc.) and local aviation network.
- Manage Airport liaison, including Pass/clearance/Aircraft Movements, etc.
- In liaison with supervisors will oversee Production to the extent necessary to ensure a safe and efficient environment exists.
- Implements the contractual industrial partnership with the customer to the latter’s total satisfaction (OTQ, OTD, Supply chain, Lead times, Cost control,) and communication.
- Validates the sites activity, Planning & Schedule with the customer, checks the progress and execution of the workload and where applicable takes the necessary correction/recover action.
- Oversees the organization of the various working teams, manages the distribution of the workforce (Teams) between the various departments/working parties.
- Ensures the day to day match up of available resources between capacity and workload on his site.
- Oversees the purchasing/procurement and manages usage of materials and consumables per aircraft and or working party on site.
- Manages the full traceability of materials and production activity through the work pack to meet CAA/FAA audit investigations and internal company quality standards.
- Manages the full analysis/and corrective actions of any non-Conformities through to completion.
- Manages all of the site’s personnel, through evaluation and assessment of their individual performance
- Communicates the sites efficiency and targets through company’s internal company indicators departmentally.
- Controls the staff training/development programs (Tutorial/Practical) improving the sites skillset through a comprehensive individual/personal training plan.
- Implant and develop company’s core values with all new personnel
- Manage the preparation of the completed and any additional work statement for invoicing the completed aircraft/job.
- Takes an active role in ensuring all Health & Safety rules and regulations are implemented and adhered to on site.
- Takes an active role in ensuring all Environmental rules and regulations are implemented and adhered to on site.
- Ensure all staff disciplinary actions are in line with company’s Handbook and all local/legal regulations.
- Regularly reports to his Group Manager on all production or operational issues that he may encounter.
- Controls the flow of group directives and communications to his team, keeping all employees fully up to date on the latest information and group growth.
Reports to: Aftermarket Divisional Director
Direct Reports: Production Manager
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate in technical or economical field
- Minimum 5-years work experience in a senior production/operations position in the aviation industry
- Experience in creating & implementing operational strategies within MRO
- PREFERRED – NOT REQUIRED!! – Knowledge of the aircraft refinishing process
- Ability to understand technical requirements
- Ability to manage teams to achieving set targets/goals
- Experience of liaising with management from overseas offices and affiliates
- To have relevant contacts and connections to implement Company goals.
- Fluent English Language
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work on own initiative and unsupervised
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A confident and effective communicator
- Knowledge and experience of the aviation sector (Airlines, aftermarket)
- Experienced at senior management level in a production/operational role
- Full knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety
- Full driving license
Operations / Management