San Diego, CA
Project Manager – Worldwide Supplier of Aircraft Components, Parts and Raw Materials to Commercial and Military Aerospace Firms
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary and bonus structure with full benefits package.
Position Purpose & Focus:
The Project Manager provides support and daily assistance to customer accounts to generate sales and new opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage daily customer requirements and requests
- Enter customer RFQ’s (Requests for Quotation) into Pentagon (company ERP)
- Print out sourcing data from databases (IHS, ILS, PB, NC)
- Send out vendor RFQ’s
- Enter vendor pricing into Pentagon
- Get vendor clarification questions answered
- Call vendors for verbal quotes as needed
- Create quote files and job files
- Create Sales Orders in Pentagon
- Manage payment forms
- Get vendor confirmations and enter into Pentagon
- Vendor delivery follow up
- Vendor relationship management
- Support for Claims and RMA’s
- Provide other miscellaneous support to Managing Director
- Apply for and file/organize engineering drawings
- Internal project management (tracking and managing action items)
Results | KPIs:
The following results are expected from this role:
- Responsible for generating and meeting annual sales profit targets.
- Able to resolve problem situations effectively as they arise, and with urgency
- Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness, and cost effectiveness.
- Constantly look for efficiency and cost savings.
- Follow and improve upon the Company’s Best Practices.
- Maintains high level of service and support to clients and third parties.
- Clearly embraces team dynamic and leads by example focused on company vision, mission, and values.
- Team feels more than adequately supported.
Qualifications | Competencies | Success Factors:
- College Degree
- Previous experience in aerospace and/or project management
- Strong project management skills
- Self-Motivator and Self-Starter
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Enjoys problem solving and detective work
Competencies & Success Factors:
- Active listening and conveys information effectively
- Service orientation and social perceptiveness
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Internally motivated, ability to work independently as well as work well under pressure in a fast-paced working environment
- Dynamic, proactive, self-starter
- Extremely organized, able to maintain an organized office space
- Not afraid to step outside of comfort zone
- Highly effective communicator both written and verbal
- Driven to execute with consistency
- Highly accountable
- Creative problem solver
- Stand or walk 5% and sit 95% of the time
- Lift and carry up to 25lbs for a distance of up to 25 feet
- Visually distinguish between different colors
- Detect and retrieve messages over the phone
- Bend, reach, and retrieve filing
- Work at desk using computer (typing and mousing) 90% of the time
- Operate a motor vehicle
San Diego, CA
Operations / Management