NOTE: Due to ITAR requirements this position requires U.S. or UK Citizenship. No exceptions.
The F100 Engineer will provide engineering support primarily to the F100 engine platform and also support other engine platforms in material review and other related issues as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To effectively resolve technical problems beyond the scope of the product unit operations group and liaise with the OEM where appropriate
• Review all incoming data and customer requirements in order to prepare detailed work instruction for operation personnel.
• Prepare Technical variances for submission to the OEM whilst ensuring compliance with the engine manufacturers, Quality Assurance and Health and safety procedures.
• Works closely with the engineers to eliminate root causes to problems in the overhaul process and carry out material review of all rejected items to identify trends and consider repairs on high cost items.
• Provide interpretation and clarification of overhaul data.
• Review service bulletins and manual changes incorporating amendments into production recording system.
• Review warranty claims and issue reports to management on the disposition of assigned items.
• Provide verbal and technical advice to customers.
• Produce reports relating to product serviceability repair summaries warranty failure analysis or product configuration.
• Provide technical support during the implementation of new processes, specify tools and test equipment and assist in the training on the overhaul and test methods.
• Advise on repair improvement schemes together with feasibility studies.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting any unsafe practices /conditions.
• Carries out special projects assigned.
• Carries out other duties assigned.
• Coordinates with Finance and other departments to ensure that the product is delivered within budgetary constraints.
Education and Minimum Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, or equivalent
• A strong product and repair process technical background gained from within a designed, production environment.
• Aircraft engine MRO technical/engineering support experience – fighter aircraft engine experience highly preferred.
• An ability and experience in taking incoming Technical literature and turning it into a Work Control Document for use within an operations environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to high light poor practices and identifies/ suggests and implements improved methods of operation.
• Methodical with a commitment to developing and maintaining a total quality, airworthiness and safety culture.
• A strong product and repair process technical background gained from within the aerospace industry.
• A detailed knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• A positive ‘can do ‘attitude.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Assertive with all levels of personnel throughout the business.