Performs Quality Verification Inspections, Personal Evaluations, Special Inspections, and a myriad of other functions to ensure the effectiveness of the Quality Management System. Quality inspectors are responsible for assuring that modifications and production operations are to program standards, safety regulations, and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Evaluate personnel engaged in modification, maintenance, inspection, repair, and any work associated with program deliverables.
2. Reviews operating procedures, technical manuals, and production schedules to determine method of conducting inspections and audits, sequence of operations, and work assignments to assure all procedures are being done correctly.
3. Ensure calibration and maintenance of equipment is recorded, tracked, and performed.
4. Perform material / kit audits to insure accountability, integrity, and accuracy of processes and procedures.
5. Conducts in-progress, in-coming, verification, visual, periodic, and no notice inspections on program objectives. Ensures that product meets customer and program specifications and quality requirements
6. .Documents and records deficiency findings and initiates and monitors corrective actions and process improvement procedures.
7. Reviews reports and confers with quality team members, production, logistics, and management personnel to solve work-related problems.
8. Responsible for conducting program required training. Training occurs as program necessitates.
9. Audits and monitors quality requirements in accordance with program quality assurance policies and customer specifications.
10. Able to read and interpret specifications and drawings.
11. Initiates necessary paperwork and record, store, and secure historical data.
12. Assist other departments as necessary and accomplish any task assigned by quality manager
Qualifications / Licenses
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Certified ISO 9100 internal auditor a plus
– Minimum five (10) years fighter flightline or aircraft production experience.
– Minimum five (5) years quality assurance experience.
– Must possess computer skills e.g. Microsoft excel and word, and be able to read technical data, drawings, processes, and procedures in English.