Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager Job Description:
The Manager, Quality Assurance is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Maintenance Organization as the departments carry out the policies and procedures of Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP). The manager performs this oversight through audits conducted by the Quality Assurance (QA) staff.
- Provide oversight and direction for the overall effectiveness of the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CAS System) as mandated by 14 CFR 121.373 and Advisory Circular AC 120-79
- Manage the resources of the QA department by scheduling and assigning the necessary workload to the QA staff
- Review and approve all audits conducted by QA
- Review QA data as necessary to identify trends within the Maintenance Organization and oversee those actions taken by the Maintenance Organization staff to correct the negative trends
- Provide direction and management expertise with regard to proposals for change as a result of the auditing process
- Manage the Maintenance Provider Listing
- Ensure quality of the AD management process
- Ensure quality of the SDR reporting process
- Provide objective appraisals of Maintenance Organization performance data to the CASS Board to facilitate the Board’s ability to give direction to maintain and improve the overall performance of the CAMP
- Participate in CASS Board and Reliability Board
- In departments without supervisors, ensure that personnel within the department including themselves are properly trained, qualified, and that they are current to perform assigned tasks
- Holds authority to manage the Quality Assurance department
- MUST HAVE A&P Certificate
- Minimum 5 years 121 Air Carrier Experience in the Quality Assurance department.
- Or, a minimum 5 years 145 Repair Station Experience in the Quality Assurance department.
- One year of the above must be at a supervisory or managerial level.
- Familiar with C.A.S.E. Standards
- Familiar with 14 CFR
Colorado, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management