Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Quality Assurance Manager – Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all Company quality systems and analytical services consistent with Quality Systems requirements, Company requirements, customer and/or regulatory requirements including international standards ISO 9001 and the annual Department Work Plan.
- Develop and Review monthly, Executive Management Review Summaries. Develop metrics to measure and report on monthly quality performance. Review processed data in monthly Quality Review meetings.
- Create, implement and improve quality systems and analytical services, practices, procedures and structures to align with the Company quality system, Company requirements, customer requirements and the Department Work Plan. All Quality practices, procedures, systems and the work culture will include the core values of worker safety, compliance with environmental regulations and the Company quality systems.
- Coordinate both internal and external round robin and proficiency testing.
- Accountable for the effective and efficient allocation of all quality systems and analytical services resources, capital and inventory.
- Accountable to establish and communicate the annual quality work plan and operations budget.
- Ensure all quality systems and analytical services operate consistent with the work plan and the budget.
- Accountable to establish a plan to guide future quality and analytical services activities.
- Deliver the plan to the Business Unit V.P. – Operations and communicate the approved plan to applicable employees and others. Modify the plan as appropriate.
- Work with applicable internal and external experts to establish optimum systems, facilities and equipment requirements.
- Coach, lead and counsel any department staff to achieve business objectives and to support individual employee development.
- Exercise the customary role of a manager to include but not be limited to work quality, work volume, work assignment, communications, positive reinforcement, performance review, performance management, wage and salary administration, safety, equal employment opportunity and, if needed, discipline.
- Actively participate in the process to evaluate new production processes and/or products to ensure product and quality integrity.
- Establish and lead the Company vendor certification process.
- Conduct or participate in vendor audits and similar activities.
- As needed, appoint qualified deputies to perform key functions in the absence of the Quality Manager.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual quality Activity Reports, Budgets, Project Management documents, etc.
- Maintain membership and active involvement in quality, industry, trade and professional organizations for the benefit of the company and the employee.
- Maintain a self-improvement program through conferences, seminars, courses and readings to continue to develop expertise in manufacturing management, general management, relevant technical issues and the metals industry.
- Evaluate and resolve technical feasibility and production issues.
- Plan and implement engineering programs, including defining the project philosophies, activities, milestones, and customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Requires at least 3 years in a regulated industry, such as aerospace and defense, with knowledge of FAA certification preferred
- Prefer knowledge and use of Six Sigma tools
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to design work flows and procedures
- Extensive experience with developing project plans, coordinating projects, communicating changes and progress, completing projects on time and budget, managing project team activities
- Advanced written and oral communications skills MS Project, MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
- Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit expectations.
- Requires exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrated strong use of analytical skills, including FEA
- The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally.
- Must have a strong blend of technical, project & positive customer relationship building experience.
- Demonstrated skills with PC office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher from a four-year college and/or university.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Aviation Maintenance, Operations / Management