PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for sponsorship!
This is a Full Time / Direct Hire position. Up to $85K with Excellent Benefits Package.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will perform their duties and responsibilities listed below in support of the company’s 14 CFR Part 135 Air Carrier Certificate. They will be expected to possess quality assurance related attributes and the ability to focus on the minute details of complex technical matters and the associated technical data; and have the experience and knowledge necessary to apply the appropriate standards ensuring company aircraft are maintained and modified in accordance with the appropriate data and applicable regulatory requirements. The Quality Assurance Specialist will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and administer FAA Approved Aircraft Inspection Programs (AAIP) and Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL) to include performing audits and revisions.
2. Develop and administer aircraft Master Inspection Lists (MIL) compiling all inspection, scheduled maintenance, overhaul, and service life limitation requirements in accordance with the aircraft and engine manufacturer’s technical source documents.
3. Generate aircraft Configuration Control Documents (CCD) by performing aircraft records research and inputting the applicable data in the aircraft Master Inspection Lists (MIL); and maintaining the CCD current by updating applicable sections when new requirements have been published as source documents are revised and when the aircraft configuration has been altered by modifications and equipment changes.
4. Administer aircraft maintenance tracking programs to include performing revisions and gap audits to manufacturer’s technical source documents and applying corrections as necessary.
5. Monitor new and recurring FAA Airworthiness Directives and manufacturer’s Service Bulletins; interpret and disseminate complex technical data for proper corrective actions by field technicians.
6. Perform aircraft acceptance inspections after heavy maintenance and modification work scopes; verify conformity of alterations on new and refurbished aircraft completed for EMS operational configurations to FAA approved design data.
7. Conform aircraft to certification and operational regulatory requirements generating conformity substantiating document packages in order to obtain FAA approval for adding aircraft to company’s FAR part 135 air carrier certificates.
8. Administer aircraft Weight and Balance program and Equipment Lists.
9. Audit aircraft maintenance records and generate work scopes for aircraft major maintenance and modification events.
10. Perform technical and regulatory oversight of major repairs and major alterations applied to company aircraft.
11. Assist the Records Department reviewing aircraft return to service supporting documentation, parts certification documents, and major repair and alterations documentation for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
12. Assist field technicians interpreting complex technical data and regulatory compliance matters.
13. Assist the Director of Maintenance in support of fleet aircraft as directed.
14. Perform additional duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
2. FAA Airframe & Powerplant License.
3. A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with a 14 CFR Part 135 air carrier or Part 145 certified repair station preferably in a quality assurance or technical support role.
4. Experience in rotary wing and airplane operations (preferred) with exposure to Airbus AS350, EC130 rotorcraft; Beechcraft King Air and Pilatus PC12 series turboprop aircraft; and Learjet 45 series turbojet airplanes highly desirable.
5. Ability to interpret, apply, and effectively communicate complex technical data and processes associated with aircraft maintenance and alterations.
6. Self-motivated and detail oriented with a focus on quality, safety, and regulatory compliance.
7. Possess honesty, integrity and a commitment to safety and regulatory compliance.
8. Possess excellent listening, verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
9. Ability to work in a rapidly evolving and dynamic environment.
10. Possess a strong work ethic, customer service skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
11. Ability to work in a team environment with an eagerness to contribute to the overall success of the Maintenance department and the Company.
12. Must be proficient in a dynamic computerized working environment performing administrative tasks using Microsoft Office Suite programs, web-based maintenance management programs, and Enterprise Recourse Planning (ERP) systems.
1. Bachelor degree in Aviation Management, Maintenance or Technology or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. FAA Airframe & Powerplant License with Inspection Authorization.
3. A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience with a 14 CFR Part 135 air carrier or Part 145 certified repair station preferably in a quality assurance or technical support role.
4. Extensive hands-on experience performing maintenance and alterations on Airbus AS350, EC130 and EC135 rotorcraft; and Beechcraft King Air and Pilatus PC12 series turboprop aircraft; and Learjet 45 series turbojet airplanes highly desirable.
5. Extensive experience working with FAA Aircraft Safety Inspectors for applying major alterations on aircraft certificated under 14 CFR parts 23, 25 and 27.
6. Experience processing aircraft documents packages for FAA conformity inspections for adding aircraft to an air carrier certificate.
7. Experience developing and administering FAA Approved Aircraft Inspection Programs (AAIP) and Minimum Equipment Lists (MEL).