Washington, United States
Sales Engineer – Military Sales Development – Seattle, WA
PLEASE NOTE: Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Job Title: Sales Engineer – Military Sales Development
Employment location: Seattle, WA
Quote, sell and promote company’s products and services to government users and buyers. Provide technical application assistance and quoting for the customer through effective teamwork with Sales to assure excellent customer follow-through and service. Expand and maintain the existing customer account base and identify, contact, and secure new profitable business relationships. Effectively communicate results of sales activities, monthly sales revenue objectives, and profit margins to senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Increase the government customer account base and profit margins by interfacing with prospective government users and buyers to introduce company’s products and identify contracting opportunities.
- Provide customer support activities to include; product demonstrations, following suitable training, diagnosis of equipment issues, including minor repair and calibration of hot bonders, and heat blanket testing.
- Develop a strategic sales segment/territory plan that identifies prospective and current customers and prioritizes them according to importance, and ability to provide results and develop sales forecast.
- Maintain frequent customer contact, including on-site visits for sales promotion and product demonstrations.
- Develop and implement a call schedule to adequately cover government accounts and assigned territory. Submit regular reports of call schedule results.
- Maintain contact database with current contact information and detailed trip reports.
- Coordinate with company’s Sales staff to develop technical and pricing proposals. Providing customers with accurate price quotations, technical assistance, and troubleshooting, and effectively interface with Sales to assure excellent customer service.
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer account base expansion and submit weekly sales call plan.
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Communicate with customers concerning products, requests for quotes, and coordination of equipment deliveries.
- Ensure customers receive expedient and reliable technical assistance.
- Assure excellence in customer satisfaction; seek and monitor customer feedback.
- Actively participate in marketing strategy in conjunction with the sales team and senior management. Identify, advise and recommend improvements in marketing channels in the government segment, including representative and distributor agreements.
- Interface with Executive Management and Engineering department on equipment designs and upgrade improvements to meet market segment needs.
- Develop effective sales presentations and travel to deliver presentations.
- Positively represent the Company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Conduct market assessments and competitor analyses to identify market trends and provide input into pricing, product and service line, and new product development that will add to the value of the business relationship.
- Provide support to Customer Service Department on all pre-sale and post-sale activities including order processing, vendor relations, shipping and receiving, and follow-up.
- Coordinate with various departments including Production and Warehouse/Shipping to ensure on-time customer delivery and satisfaction.
- Continually seek to expand knowledge in composites and aerospace industries and competitive information on price, service, product lines, marketing materials, and activities to ensure a competitive edge.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining excellent customer service and consistent Company image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events to maintain differentiation from our competitors.
This position assists in providing guidance and direction for Customer Service Representatives.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree (A.A. or A.S.) and 2-5 years of sales and marketing experience within the aerospace industry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree is highly desired.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of aerospace composite materials and support equipment utilized for the maintenance/repair/overhaul of military aircraft.
- Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing with all branches of the military, military aircraft OEMs, foreign military air forces, and other government aerospace branches.
- A minimum working understanding of mechanical and electrical design concepts is required.
- Aptitude for electromechanical equipment diagnosis and minor repair.
- Experience with quality standards such as AS 9100, ISO 9001, or military equivalent standards is required.
- Travel flexibility is required.
Washington, United States