Sales Manager – Aftermarket Spares
The Employer has been providing Aftermarket Spares in the Commercial Aviation Industry for over a decade. As one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry, we’ve built a reputation for exceptional customer service, forward-thinking and rapid response time. Our professional staff provides creative, cost-effective and customized solutions to your company’s most challenging needs.
The Sales Manager’s role is to create and foster a high performing Sales force. At a top level the Sales Managers’ objective is to meet company revenue targets. To achieve this objective they must harness the power of their direct reports, drive sales force productivity and extract the best performance from each individual employee. While working under the VP of Sales, they are responsible for approaches such as; motivating and advising their reps to improve their performance, as well as hiring and training new sales representatives; achieve objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, analyzing data on past performance, and projecting future performance; ensuring that the sales department works cross functionality with managers and executives from other departments, to ensure good alignment, communication and collaboration on Company goals and objectives. At the end of the day the Sales Manager plays 3 simultaneous roles. 1. People Manager; Recruit, build and nurture a team. 2. Customer Manager; Strategically foster customer engagement. 3 Business Manager; Steer the business to it goals.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible and accountable for the sales department: working with the sale team to achieve sales goals, training and growth of personnel to ensure they have the tools they need to grow business and support the customer.
• Must identify exceptions, formulate recommendations and implement process improvements to stream line processes and reduce rework.
• Responsible for continued growth of the company through active management, development of opportunities, consistent education and training within the Sales Department
• Ensure that all the necessary information and instructions pertinent to the department are available, current, accurate and efficient: consistently communicate new information and changes pertaining to processes, procedures and policies
• Assist in the development and implementation of metrics (operation and account specific) and conduct performance evaluations in order to track the key indicators and efficiencies of the sales department
• Cross-interdepartmental communication: acting as the liaison and point of contact for the sales department to the outside areas to ensure continuity
• Demonstrate leadership and professionalism to motivate the department to ensure consistent growth in the company
• Conduct weekly sales meeting with the Airframe Management Team to communicate updates, growth opportunities, comments, and ensure all internal departments are kept up to date on changes
• Participate in a weekly supervisor production meeting with other department heads to manage the success of the department and promote unity and continual improvement between departments
• Help grow our customer base by discovering and developing outside opportunities for new business as well as consistent growth of the current customer base into owned accounts.
• Help diversify, manage and expand our product offering by identifying opportunities with customers.
• Help develop organizational and operational excellence by upholding company policies and procedures as well as demonstrating a level of professionalism and communication consistent with the expectations of the position
• Help increase liquidity by utilizing time and resources efficiently
• Build strong, long-term customer relationships to better anticipate customer needs
• Recognize and communicate industry trends and news that pertain to our business and industry
• Recognize and analyze customer purchasing patterns in order to better anticipate customer needs and promote this communication to the Supply Chain Organization
• Uphold company policies, procedures and a strong company image.
• Identify opportunities to sell aging inventory and promote these sales with the team
• Work with the leadership team to insure market is maintained and/or appropriate pricing is used when quoting customers. Ensure training and adherence to our pricing strategy is maintained
Some travel required: (10%)
• Sales Account Manager
• Key Account Manager
• Sr. Key Account Manager
• Sales Associate
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• 5+ years Aviation Experience
• 5+ in sales leadership position with direct reports
• Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Suite
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to multitask
• Demonstrable aptitude in effective negotiating
• Develops and maintains strong business relationships
• Proven account management and sales experience
• Displays strong mentoring, coaching, and people management skills