Remote/Extensive Travel, United States
SALES MANAGER, USA & CANADA
PLEASE NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Please do not apply if you require visa sponsorship. This position requires the candidate be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT the need for visa sponsorship!
This is a full time/direct hire position offering a competitive salary with full benefits package.
JOB TITLE: SALES MANAGER, USA & CANADA
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF SALES
LOCATION: USA [HOME OFFICE]
TRAVEL: FREQUENT TRAVEL THROUGHOUT USA/CANADA (CUSTOMER VISITS/TRADESHOWS)
Company is looking for a high-performing Sales Manager to help us meet their customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping their company competitive in the USA & Canada. This position will be responsible for maximizing company’s sales potential, crafting sales plans, and justifying those to plans to management for the USA and Canada.
This position will be responsible for overseeing and implementing policies, objectives, and initiatives that have been sanctioned by management. It is essential that this position be responsible for short and long-term sales strategies and evaluate effectiveness of current sales programs that are implemented. Initiative is expected by recommending product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential throughout the USA and Canada.
Responsible for all sales and account activities for the galley insert equipment market throughout the USA and Canada. The primary goal of this position is to build a new customer base, develop the existing customer base and expand the product portfolio uptake while building the brand and services of the company in the USA & Canada.
MAIN JOB TASKS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets (Revenue & Margin)
- Build a new customer base in the USA and Canada.
- Implement a sales growth business plan that expands current USA/Canadian customer base and ensures strong presence.
- High level output of prospecting potential customers to ensure growth in active customer accounts.
- Maintains accurate customer contact database of potential and existing customers.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Effectively monitor sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Identify new business opportunities and market shifts and communicate both trends and tactics to infiltrate these areas to management.
- Present sales, revenue, margin, and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to management
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship and potential sales opportunities with them.
- Sell to existing and potential accounts by closing an order or to facilitate and add value to the selling process.
- Create and accurately maintain client files.
- Complete ownership of administering, tracking, and monitoring all activities involved in the pre-and post-sales order process.
- Be aware and follow the activities of the competition and inform management of competitor insights.
- Develop and seek out approval to implement new sales/marketing initiatives.
- Capture key demographics to enable successful short-term and long-term sales planning.
- Proactive handling of customer concerns, ensuring relevant departments are notified in a timely manner.
KEY SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- University level/equivalent education, preferably degree.
- Knowledge of galley insert equipment products and the market in all relevant theoretical and practical elements pertaining to this sector of the aviation industry.
- Familiar with the airline industry, practices, and procedures (ideally the right candidate will have previous experience in selling aircraft galley interior products to airlines and aviation catering companies).
- The right candidate should have a level of competency that enables them to rely on their extensive aviation experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Pricing approval will always need to be sanctioned by the Director of Sales prior to being submitted to the customer in the form of a quotation. The successful candidate will understand what motivates customers to buy and know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, and highly driven.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Successful previous experience as a sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Proven ability to drive and administrate the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and aviation industry expertise. Additional experience with the rail industry is an advantage.
- Excellent ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively to all levels within an organization.
- Awareness of international cultural differences and a global mindset.
- Applies strong professional work ethics and demonstrates a strong awareness of confidentiality regarding client files, correspondence, management decisions and contacts.
- Awareness of quality assurance and supply chain processes.
- Excellent administration and organizational skills, ensuring all company required databases and documents are correct, up to date for all existing and prospective customers.
- Committed to owning the responsibility of continuous professional and technical learning through reading aviation literature, product information, accessible portals and seeking out other resources to maintain professional and technical expertise.
- Excellent computer literacy and expertise in working with all Microsoft applications (Excel/Word etc.).
- Quality: Full compliance with legal requirements, aviation regulations and certifications and continuous process improvement to enhance customer experience and efficiency in work.
- Customer Service: Cooperate with all resources to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Projects: Collaborate effectively with internal departments on specific projects. Action on time.
- Innovate: Highlight ideas for innovation to management.
- Network: Utilise network effectively and wisely to help enable territory growth and company growth.
- Embrace change: Maintain a dynamic mindset and engage in change when requested
Remote/Extensive Travel, United States